+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I overstayed in uk and will it affect my Canadian migration

Jan 22, 2018
lets get this straight,
I was on student visa in the UK from jan 2016-may 2017.Since my graduation ceremony was on July 2017,I have to go back to India again apply visa come back attend and then go back so I felt like its too much money and I wanted to attend the ceremony so badly as well.When I consulted with a solicitor in London,he asked me to file an FLRO(Further leave to remain) so i will get around 6 months of time as legal stay.According to his theory (I completely believed this guy cause he is from India as well),I filed an flro by surrending my passport and all well ahead my visa expires ( I was hoping it wont be overstay as my passport is with borderforce and they know I cant travel back) after the graduation i waited for the flro result to come and it came rejected in december and within 15 days I took airticket and came to India. When i posted a thread about getting a student visa in canada I got advised that I will have a mandatory ban for 1 year due to overstay (I came back voluntarily and i got a notification to leave UK asap in december orelse will be removed) and I wont be able to fetch a student visa in canada.
So my question is I am planning to get married soon to a girl in india itself but she is educated and having better working experience,she is planning to migrate to canada through Express Entry (Within 2yrs only),so if she apply to migrate with my name as husband will my past of overstay affect her appilication and get rejected ?...I just fell as a prey for this greedy lawyer,If i had known it will be an overstay and will affect my situation so badly I would have gone back in May 2017 itself.

Pls kindly help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lets get this straight,
I was on student visa in the UK from jan 2016-may 2017.Since my graduation ceremony was on July 2017,I have to go back to India again apply visa come back attend and then go back so I felt like its too much money and I wanted to attend the ceremony so badly as well.When I consulted with a solicitor in London,he asked me to file an FLRO(Further leave to remain) so i will get around 6 months of time as legal stay.According to his theory (I completely believed this guy cause he is from India as well),I filed an flro by surrending my passport and all well ahead my visa expires ( I was hoping it wont be overstay as my passport is with borderforce and they know I cant travel back) after the graduation i waited for the flro result to come and it came rejected in december and within 15 days I took airticket and came to India. When i posted a thread about getting a student visa in canada I got advised that I will have a mandatory ban for 1 year due to overstay (I came back voluntarily and i got a notification to leave UK asap in december orelse will be removed) and I wont be able to fetch a student visa in canada.
So my question is I am planning to get married soon to a girl in india itself but she is educated and having better working experience,she is planning to migrate to canada through Express Entry (Within 2yrs only),so if she apply to migrate with my name as husband will my past of overstay affect her appilication and get rejected ?...I just fell as a prey for this greedy lawyer,If i had known it will be an overstay and will affect my situation so badly I would have gone back in May 2017 itself.

Pls kindly help
Provided you are 100% honest about the overstay/ban, it will not affect a PR app.

Note that the "it was someone else's fault" defense is worthless, so don't try that tact when explaining the situation. It was your responsibility to ensure you remained in status and your failure that you didn't.

Reactions: qureishi
Jan 22, 2018
Provided you are 100% honest about the overstay/ban, it will not affect a PR app.

Note that the "it was someone else's fault" defense is worthless, so don't try that tact when explaining the situation. It was your responsibility to ensure you remained in status and your failure that you didn't.
I have heard from the other threads that overstaying is a crime in uk and this affects my canadian migration.
Here in my case i applied for Further Leave to Remain (FLRO) in the UK before my visa expired and I returned home just as I got the result as rejected and need to leave UK asap.
SO does this be considered as an illegal stay in UK, I know its an overstay but is it still illegal ?...

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
As I have many relatives in UK , in my opinion its not illegal as you have requested for extension.
My cousin visa get expired before three years and he is still working legally because is case is with the UKBA for decision and they have allowed him to work until the final hearing..

hollablaise

Apr 11, 2017
lets get this straight,

Pls kindly help
you had an ongoing application with the govt before the expiration, is not an illegal stay.
Explain this and why u applied for it in your LOE.
It's not a problem I believe

May 26, 2018
Hello! There, I am going to apply for Canada student visa although, I am bit of confused. if anyone help me out about my circumstances can I get Canada study visa or might it will get rejected ?

Basically, I have been to the UK for continuing my Study in Feb 2010. Although, my commenced college was closed due to the college authority’s attempted to shut down all infrastructures from the Market. In that case, we were in dilemma and frustrated about the act of the Authorities we were been to complaining again and again, however, the UKBA Authority was numbed and we were the gene pig to examine and we lost our valuable time and money disregarded of the Authority.

Moreover, when I was lost of my money and mislead by deception I had a bit of off track and liked to reset it again and tried to get tier-2 investor visa with one of my friends and prepared myself to do business and applied for combine tier-2 visa in Dec 2012 before of my current visa was expired. After that, UKBA called for interview and I had shown and satisfied with my project plan which I had made clean up of my pure intention to do business and investing my money in the UK. On the other hand, my friend’s made the bit of wrong and we had rejected by UKBA in 2014. Afterward, we had gone to the court for better consideration and my friend did the same mistakes again we lost the case entirely by his verbal statements were improper and unprofessional. However, my project proposal and documentation were authenticated and efficient although undeniably my bad luck is that it was combined application and I had to consider it his mistake is mine too.

Later on, End of 2014 I had tried to continue again my unfinished study after rejection from tier-2 application I had submitted my University tier-4 visa application to UKBA for consideration of my student visa to live to remain in the UK to continue again although they were taking so long and accusing of something else like TOEIC test which I had attended to get score for tier-2 application in 2012. Basically, I had never done any wrong and my all the documents strongly asserted and supporting me for against this allegation and they could not able to take any finalization because they were wrong and UKBA intentionally making a mess to remove the pupils from the UK to destroying our precious time by making some conspiracy. I was exhausted and bone-tired of these craps wasted time and money for so long. I had scored in IELTS and 2 times of PTE test in the UK and also I have completed my HND although UKBA claiming that I have done wrong. Do I look like I can’t communicate or able to get a score in English on my own? Furthermore, in 2017 I got appeal right from the judicial court against UKBA where they almost ruining our precious time.

In 2016 July I had determined to return home due to my father illness and drawback of continuing my life in the UK, I had called for withdrawing my application and like to return home immediately. They allowed me to return and I wanted to move to my back home to use my time with family and like to avoid from ruining more of my value of time and money anymore.

Up there this is my UK history and also I like to mention that in Oct, 2014 UKBA came to my home and detained me for accusing me overstaying however they were saying that had sent a letter for my case rejection through by post to my home address although I had not got any letter from them and where I was living in the same address which I had provided to them.

Moreover, I had been to in detention center for over 2 months and I was fighting with them on my own and later they allowed me to leave from there for sign in monthly termed. I had been outside for 1.5 yrs and they did not give me any decision or any declaration which was so frustrated an humiliated situation for me and I could not able to run my life freely. therefore, I had decided to return back my home country and I asked for the permission to leave the country to buy my own ticket and no more wasting my time over there anymore.

After almost 2 yrs later I have decided to finish my study again to move somewhere in Canada and now a bit of confusion and need advice from expertise.... plz help me out

thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! There, I am going to apply for Canada student visa although, I am bit of confused. if anyone help me out about my circumstances can I get Canada study visa or might it will get rejected ?

Basically, I have been to the UK for continuing my Study in Feb 2010. Although, my commenced college was closed due to the college authority’s attempted to shut down all infrastructures from the Market. In that case, we were in dilemma and frustrated about the act of the Authorities we were been to complaining again and again, however, the UKBA Authority was numbed and we were the gene pig to examine and we lost our valuable time and money disregarded of the Authority.

Moreover, when I was lost of my money and mislead by deception I had a bit of off track and liked to reset it again and tried to get tier-2 investor visa with one of my friends and prepared myself to do business and applied for combine tier-2 visa in Dec 2012 before of my current visa was expired. After that, UKBA called for interview and I had shown and satisfied with my project plan which I had made clean up of my pure intention to do business and investing my money in the UK. On the other hand, my friend’s made the bit of wrong and we had rejected by UKBA in 2014. Afterward, we had gone to the court for better consideration and my friend did the same mistakes again we lost the case entirely by his verbal statements were improper and unprofessional. However, my project proposal and documentation were authenticated and efficient although undeniably my bad luck is that it was combined application and I had to consider it his mistake is mine too.

Later on, End of 2014 I had tried to continue again my unfinished study after rejection from tier-2 application I had submitted my University tier-4 visa application to UKBA for consideration of my student visa to live to remain in the UK to continue again although they were taking so long and accusing of something else like TOEIC test which I had attended to get score for tier-2 application in 2012. Basically, I had never done any wrong and my all the documents strongly asserted and supporting me for against this allegation and they could not able to take any finalization because they were wrong and UKBA intentionally making a mess to remove the pupils from the UK to destroying our precious time by making some conspiracy. I was exhausted and bone-tired of these craps wasted time and money for so long. I had scored in IELTS and 2 times of PTE test in the UK and also I have completed my HND although UKBA claiming that I have done wrong. Do I look like I can’t communicate or able to get a score in English on my own? Furthermore, in 2017 I got appeal right from the judicial court against UKBA where they almost ruining our precious time.

In 2016 July I had determined to return home due to my father illness and drawback of continuing my life in the UK, I had called for withdrawing my application and like to return home immediately. They allowed me to return and I wanted to move to my back home to use my time with family and like to avoid from ruining more of my value of time and money anymore.

Up there this is my UK history and also I like to mention that in Oct, 2014 UKBA came to my home and detained me for accusing me overstaying however they were saying that had sent a letter for my case rejection through by post to my home address although I had not got any letter from them and where I was living in the same address which I had provided to them.

Moreover, I had been to in detention center for over 2 months and I was fighting with them on my own and later they allowed me to leave from there for sign in monthly termed. I had been outside for 1.5 yrs and they did not give me any decision or any declaration which was so frustrated an humiliated situation for me and I could not able to run my life freely. therefore, I had decided to return back my home country and I asked for the permission to leave the country to buy my own ticket and no more wasting my time over there anymore.

After almost 2 yrs later I have decided to finish my study again to move somewhere in Canada and now a bit of confusion and need advice from expertise.... plz help me out

thanks.
You can certainly try but I would say that you have little chance of approval for a study permit.

May 26, 2018
hello! there again.. I like to be honest about my everything and motive is to do further study if I get visa for Canada. Basically mentioned overstay and all the case docs I have in my hand and I can provide these if the visa officer ask for it and also the Personal statement where I like to provide this all and clear conception of my intention.

is it going to help me out or do you have anymore suggestion like should I apply for somewhere like Germany or EU anywhere which will be best for me ?
could you plz let me know
thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello! there again.. I like to be honest about my everything and motive is to do further study if I get visa for Canada. Basically mentioned overstay and all the case docs I have in my hand and I can provide these if the visa officer ask for it and also the Personal statement where I like to provide this all and clear conception of my intention.

is it going to help me out or do you have anymore suggestion like should I apply for somewhere like Germany or EU anywhere which will be best for me ?
could you plz let me know
thanks
As I said, you can try applying and include your documentation for the UK situation.

I don't know anything about studying in other countries.

May 26, 2018
anybody can explain about open work visa for Canada. who can apply for this and the requirements for overseas applicant? and how long it takes to get the visa approximately?

TaliaMal

Jul 18, 2018
Please please! I need advice from you guys.
I am currently in the U.K. on a tier 4 visa which expires early in August and I just phoned IRCC and was told my application is still in the eligibility stage and I presume it would be another 1 or two months. The problem is I am of Indian nationality and my parents will be here in the U.K. from the first week of August up until the first week of September for my only sister’s wedding. The U.K. embassy in India is slow in granting visitors visa so If I go back to India and reapply for a U.K. visitors visa to come for my sisters wedding, the wedding would have been over by the time I’m granted. My friend suggested that I just overstay my visa for 20 days which will be till after my sister’s wedding.. he suggested it as it is a permanent residency application and not a visitor visa and it won’t have adverse effect on the application.

Please can anyone advice? Can i get away with overstaying at this point of my application?

Osh

Aug 4, 2021
Hi my mother took me to the UK with her when I was 17 and then she applied for asylum the UK due to lack of safety in my home country, however our application got rejected. I overstayed by 2-3 month and left voluntarily and at this time I was 18 years. Will this affect my PR application to Canada?
Please let me know Thank you so much

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Hi my mother took me to the UK with her when I was 17 and then she applied for asylum the UK due to lack of safety in my home country, however our application got rejected. I overstayed by 2-3 month and left voluntarily and at this time I was 18 years. Will this affect my PR application to Canada?
Please let me know Thank you so much
Provided you declare it , it won't affect your chances of approval . GOOd luck.