+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need your opinion

vedulasx

Jul 29, 2009
I have arranged employment at calgary Alberta. I have obtained recently resident visa and COPR. I want to land by crossing border at Sarnia. I think I need not show proof of funds as I have arranged employment. But, I read some posts that I have to show Proof of funds if I am not landing to the place where I have arranged employement? Is it true.
I need your advice so that I can carry sufficient funds if required
Regards

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be fine with POF. POF is exempted for people with arranged employment. CIC has not linked this to Port of landing at all.

You can carry your tickets for futher travel to Calgary as a proof to Border Security

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi vedulasx,

Please read the last statement under 'Do you have sufficient funds' in below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp
Note: Persons with arranged employment in Canada do not have to meet the minimum funds required

same is addressed in 'Proof of funds' link.just check below the table
You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

so that clears ur doubt :)
Make sure you have those 'Arranged employment documents' while landing.
All The Best

Regards
pearl2010

vedulasx said:
I have arranged employment at calgary Alberta. I have obtained recently resident visa and COPR. I want to land by crossing border at Sarnia. I think I need not show proof of funds as I have arranged employment. But, I read some posts that I have to show Proof of funds if I am not landing to the place where I have arranged employement? Is it true.
I need your advice so that I can carry sufficient funds if required
Regards

vedulasx

Jul 29, 2009
Thank you very much Ankit_20 and Pearl2010.

CIC doesn't insist proof funds for arranged employment candidates, as they think you will have employment from day one you land in Canada. My employer is in Calgary. If I land in Calgary and complete formalities, then Immigration authorities will not ask for POF.

As it is convenient for me to cross border and complete landing formalities at Sarnia POE, I would like to know if immigration will apply the same rule and don't insist for POF.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi vedulasx,

Point of Entry doesn't matter.u can land anywhere in Canada(expect Quebec):) just read this thread from Qorax
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doubts-can-i-land-anywhere-matter-which-poe-to-choose-t35499.0.html;msg228332#msg228332

Regards
pearl2010

vedulasx said:
Thank you very much Ankit_20 and Pearl2010.

CIC doesn't insist proof funds for arranged employment candidates, as they think you will have employment from day one you land in Canada. My employer is in Calgary. If I land in Calgary and complete formalities, then Immigration authorities will not ask for POF.

As it is convenient for me to cross border and complete landing formalities at Sarnia POE, I would like to know if immigration will apply the same rule and don't insist for POF.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes same rules will apply. Do not complicate things for your self :)

You may want to carry further travel docs like an air ticket