+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some clearification

MATHEKES

Jul 1, 2009
Hi everyone,

l submitted my full application to CIC on the 29th of September 2009 without my transcripts because of the strike action of universities in nigeria.Finally l was able to get it two days ago and so wish to submit the transcript.

My fears are :

1. l have not been issued a file number,how will they include it to my application.Should l wait till am contacted. l dont want the transcript to be missing cos it will be difficult getting another one under this strike action

2. how long does it take CIC to respond to applicant after submitting full application.

Can l get answers please.

Regards

swattoo

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
hey,
I sent my complete application to CHC - London but have submitted NOTARIZED photocopies of all my transcripts. I have not submitted original certificates as my lawyer told me that submit originals only if they are asked to. Like police clearance and bank statement.
So, I would recommend submitting notarized copies of all educational transcripts.

Secondly, submit them ASAP. As if the deadline is passed, and they open your file, you wont have a second chance.......

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mathekes,
i am actually in d same boat as you,i submitted full apllication with a covering letter to accra n it was received on d 5th of october,but couldnt include my spouse transcript,i got it last week n sent it to accra immediately with a covering letter, all i did was write d file number from sydney on the envelope dat i sent d transcript in,also put d same file no at d top of the covering letter with my name n date of birth,it was done based on d advise of a very close friend whose already got his PR.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pls bear in mind dat i am not guaranteeing anything o!only letting u know what i did,n i think its worth a try,rather than u wait for someone to actually tell u exactly what to do,why not just send it,it wudnt b of any use to u,if u don't.as per ur second question,i ont think anyone knows how long it takes them :-(

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
MATHEKES said:
1. l have not been issued a file number,how will they include it to my application.Should l wait till am contacted. l dont want the transcript to be missing cos it will be difficult getting another one under this strike action
I assume you have your positive recommendation from CIO-Sydney? It has a file number on it. You can send a copy of that with your transcript and a letter explaining that you are adding that to your file.

Mogali

Oct 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I need to send my complete docs to visa office. I have few questions on what docs to send:
1) Do I need to send all my past company reference letter or will appointment letter and experience letters from past companies will do? Do we need to send spouse past and present company reference letters also.
2) I am in USA now; do I need to send PCC from FBI and state? Or PCC from the state
3) Is it ok to submit bank statement taken from online account.