+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help with Working Holiday Visa

daniel1562

Nov 22, 2014
Hello, I'm going to try to get the Working Holiday Visa in February 2015 because I have always wanted to have an experience in Canada and I have good Canadian friends and I have always liked Canada. But I have a few doubts regarding the Working Holiday Visa and I do be grateful if you could help me.

1) When I get the Working Holiday Visa do I have to go to Canada in a short period of time or do I have one year to leave to Canada? (I think I read somewhere that when they give you the Working Holiday Visa you have one year to leave).

2) Do I have a limit for the number of hours I can work in Canada? (Like international students that can only work up to 20 hours per week during school time).

3) Before the Working Holiday Visa expires can I apply for a study visa so I can study in Canada after that? Or I need to go back to my country of origin and apply from there and then go back to Canada to study?.

4) My passport is going to expire in May 2016 so if I get the Working Holiday Visa in February 2015 I wont be able to stay the whole year. Can I apply for the Working Holiday Visa with my current passport and then get a new one so I can stay the whole year?.

5) Can I get the requested health insurance after I get the Working Holiday Visa right?.

Thank You,

Daniel.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

daniel1562 said:
Hello, I'm going to try to get the Working Holiday Visa in February 2015 because I have always wanted to have an experience in Canada and I have good Canadian friends and I have always liked Canada. But I have a few doubts regarding the Working Holiday Visa and I do be grateful if you could help me.

1) When I get the Working Holiday Visa do I have to go to Canada in a short period of time or do I have one year to leave to Canada? (I think I read somewhere that when they give you the Working Holiday Visa you have one year to leave).

2) Do I have a limit for the number of hours I can work in Canada? (Like international students that can only work up to 20 hours per week during school time).

3) Before the Working Holiday Visa expires can I apply for a study visa so I can study in Canada after that? Or I need to go back to my country of origin and apply from there and then go back to Canada to study?.

4) My passport is going to expire in May 2016 so if I get the Working Holiday Visa in February 2015 I wont be able to stay the whole year. Can I apply for the Working Holiday Visa with my current passport and then get a new one so I can stay the whole year?.

5) Can I get the requested health insurance after I get the Working Holiday Visa right?.

Thank You,

Daniel.
1. Your letter will be valid for 1 year for presentation at a POE.
2. No, there is no limit to the hours you can work.
3. Yes, you can apply for a study permit in Canada. (If you can afford the international fees)
4. You apply to extend your passport.
5. Yes, you need it for presentation at the POE>