+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I NEED HELP ASAP

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI folks i was just wondering i going to be almost a canadian citizen but my mom she is still a PR of Canada she has mental heath problem she doesnt speak english neither write it properly she doesnt know canadian history or canadian geography because her mental issues so she cant proff her language skills to CIC my question is is there any form or application to become canadian when you are with mental heath or any other heath problem thanks in advance all my friends from this great forum :)

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
Kingoftherings said:
HI folks i was just wondering i going to be almost a canadian citizen but my mom she is still a PR of Canada she has mental heath problem she doesnt speak english neither write it properly she doesnt know canadian history or canadian geography because her mental issues so she cant proff her language skills to CIC my question is is there any form or application to become canadian when you are with mental heath or any other heath problem thanks in advance all my friends from this great forum :)
Hello,

If you look at the application for 'Application to apply for citizenship adults'
There is an option there which says 'I am suffering from some medical or physical conditions which inhibits me providing proof of English. You have will have to check that option and then provide proof (like a doctors note or some other thing) as evidence. I assume since it exempts one from providing proof of English, the same would be used by CIC for evaluating her exemption from the test.
However, be aware that although that option exists it is upto CIC tO determine and evaluate whether your evidence provided is acceptable or not.

Good luck!

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncanny said:
Hello,

If you look at the application for 'Application to apply for citizenship adults'
There is an option there which says 'I am suffering from some medical or physical conditions which inhibits me providing proof of English. You have will have to check that option and then provide proof (like a doctors note or some other thing) as evidence. I assume since it exempts one from providing proof of English, the same would be used by CIC for evaluating her exemption from the test.
However, be aware that although that option exists it is upto CIC tO determine and evaluate whether your evidence provided is acceptable or not.

Good luck!
thank you for your quick respond god bless

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncanny said:
Hello,

Good luck!

actually i cant find it :(

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
dude ru going for test alone or with ur mother???is it a combined application?????

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
dude ru going for test alone or with ur mother???is it a combined application?????
NOPE bro i going alone i applied for just myself but im wondering because i want to prepare my mother application next year or this year as well and she is sick :(

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
Are you looking at the "Application form for Canadian citizenship Adults"? It is section 7B

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E.pdf

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Kingoftherings said:
NOPE bro i going alone i applied for just myself but im wondering because i want to prepare my mother application next year or this year as well and she is sick :(
i wish her speedy recovery man hope she feels better.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Section 7 something has a checkbox for mental health. You may want to check that and provide the supporting documents.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel bad for your mother as my Uncle had the same issue. Back home the doctors said the nerve(s) on brain dried/damaged because of older age. I hope your mother recovers soon with treatment from Canadian doctors.

Kingoftherings said:
thank you so much Okk yeah she has a strong mental heath :( unfortunately sometimes she doesnt even remember who i am

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
I feel bad for your mother as my Uncle had the same issue. Back home the doctors said the nerve(s) on brain dried/damaged because of older age. I hope your mother recovers soon with treatment from Canadian doctors.
thank you so much for your kind words GOD Bless :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is older than 54, she would not be asked to take the citizenship test but they may still ask her to interview with a judge, they may ask her some questions. Does she speak any English or French or not at all?

There is also no problem for her to stay in Canada as a PR as long as she meets the residency requirements. You can not lose your PR for having medical problems.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If she is older than 54, she would not be asked to take the citizenship test but they may still ask her to interview with a judge, they may ask her some questions. Does she speak any English or French or not at all?

There is also no problem for her to stay in Canada as a PR as long as she meets the residency requirements. You can not lose your PR for having medical problems.
hi leon thanks for your response she is 41 and i want her to become a canadian as well i dont want her just to be a PR card holder :)