+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need an answer!!! Did I mess my wife's open work permit application?

elcholoboritos

Sep 20, 2015
Hello,

I am in Canada with a Post Graduate Work Permit and yesterday my wife and I just submitted her application for an open work permit. One of the requirements was a reference letter from my employer stating that I work in the company and that my job fits within the NOC skill level A. He made the letter which contained all this information including my position, starting date, a list of my responsibilities and how many hours I work per week.

However, he did not include what was my salary but I didn't worry too much since my immigration lawyer didn't tell me anything about it. But yesterday, after submitting the complete application, I checked an older post from this site and found some samples of letters from employers in which the salary is included.

So as you can guess, I am concerned that because of this detail my wife's open work permit application might get rejected. My only relief is that I included a copy of every pay slip from the last three months and each of these states what my weekly salary is, but I don't know if this will be enough.

I am kind of confused here so any words of advise will be greatly appreciated!

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are overthinking. you have done everything that needed to be done.
relax
and when you say "I need an answer" it means you are making a demand.

elcholoboritos

Sep 20, 2015
ifeedly said:
you are overthinking. you have done everything that needed to be done.
relax
and when you say "I need an answer" it means you are making a demand.
Thanks for your answer! And sorry for making it seem so drastic. Immigration is such a delicate thing that I tend to overreact and overthink things just to make sure that I did everything right. The other thing is that my company doesn't have letterheads, but I believe that my employer's presentation card should be enough right? (I've attached the card to the scan of the letter)

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your company dosen't have a letterhead then I guess its time you make them one.
anyway when you attached the business card of your employer it will do.