Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I have a non visa exept passport and im about to land in canada for the first time on nov. But i have to leave canada maybe around a month after landing bec i have some matters to attend to in my home country.. i dnt think i cn wait till they send my pr card to my home address in canada.. am i eligible to apply for PRTD to comeback to canada without the pr card? What options do i have on this? Thanks..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

John_6ixxt9 said:
I have a non visa exept passport and im about to land in canada for the first time on nov. But i have to leave canada maybe around a month after landing bec i have some matters to attend to in my home country.. i dnt think i cn wait till they send my pr card to my home address in canada.. am i eligible to apply for PRTD to comeback to canada without the pr card? What options do i have on this? Thanks..
1. Yes you would be eligible for PRTD to return, as long as you aren't gone for over 3 years.
2. Depending on how long you will be gone, you could have your PR called mailed to you overseas. (89 days processing time for new Immigrants)

John_6ixxt9

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel a Viv Israel
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Feb 2014
Nomination.....
30 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
19 Mar 2014
Med's Request
08 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
19 Apr 2015
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes you would be eligible for PRTD to return, as long as you aren't gone for over 3 years.
2. Depending on how long you will be gone, you could have your PR called mailed to you overseas. (89 days processing time for new Immigrants)
thx for your response^^ will that be ok that i go after landing? They will still issue me the pr card right? And is it safe to mail it? Im worried it might get lost.. so im considering the prtd.. instead of mailing it.. but if its safe i should just mailed it over to me.. its less of a hussel that way^^
also i just check the requirements on applying for prtd.. it confuses me coz there are reqs thats written there that i dnt have yet.. if just in case i applied for the prtd.. cn i do it in canada before i leave? Or it should be on the country where im in after i leave canada?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
John_6ixxt9 said:
thx for your response^^ will that be ok that i go after landing? They will still issue me the pr card right? And is it safe to mail it? Im worried it might get lost.. so im considering the prtd.. instead of mailing it.. but if its safe i should just mailed it over to me.. its less of a hussel that way^^
also i just check the requirements on applying for prtd.. it confuses me coz there are reqs thats written there that i dnt have yet.. if just in case i applied for the prtd.. cn i do it in canada before i leave? Or it should be on the country where im in after i leave canada?
You must apply for a PRTD from the country you will be in after leaving Canada again. CIC will not mail your PR card to you outside of the country. If you have an address in Canada and someone you trust, you can have them send the PR card to you overseas wherever you are. I suggest using a courier, like Fed Ex or UPS, but don't just put it in standard mail.

John_6ixxt9

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel a Viv Israel
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Feb 2014
Nomination.....
30 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
19 Mar 2014
Med's Request
08 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
19 Apr 2015
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Alurra71 said:
You must apply for a PRTD from the country you will be in after leaving Canada again. CIC will not mail your PR card to you outside of the country. If you have an address in Canada and someone you trust, you can have them send the PR card to you overseas wherever you are. I suggest using a courier, like Fed Ex or UPS, but don't just put it in standard mail.
i see.. tnx^^ i apreciate your response..