+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I missed citizenship test twice and didnt recieve any notice for rewriting for third time

jama

Aug 11, 2017
Helo everyoneI! I am hoping anyone in the forum could help me on this. I missed citizenship test TWICE in a space of two months. for the first one, I was supposed to do the test on the same day I was graduating from college. it was a difficult decison but decided to write to the CIC the reason why I am missing it. probably after a month , I recieved a notice saying CIC didnt recieve any response from me. they give me a 'final notice' to write the test again on july 12, 2017, around 9.45 am. Unfortunately, I missed this one too because of trafic jam. I left my home ( which 26 minutes drive to test center) one a hour before the test. I was on the trafics for about 2 hours(it was just a bad day). when I reached the center, I was 1 hour late. they asked me to write to them why I missed it again. I sent a written document to them on july 13th, explaining why I missed for the second time.
Now it is about a month ago. I am just suspecting they might close my application. I didnt talked to cic client service. But from my previous experience, they do help little.
Is there anyone who exprience same problem or is there any one who have suggestions?. incase they asked me to re apply, will it take the same lenght for the first time? do I have any chance to go to judge for reopening my previous file?
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Helo everyoneI! I am hoping anyone in the forum could help me on this. I missed citizenship test TWICE in a space of two months. for the first one, I was supposed to do the test on the same day I was graduating from college. it was a difficult decison but decided to write to the CIC the reason why I am missing it. probably after a month , I recieved a notice saying CIC didnt recieve any response from me. they give me a 'final notice' to write the test again on july 12, 2017, around 9.45 am. Unfortunately, I missed this one too because of trafic jam. I left my home ( which 26 minutes drive to test center) one a hour before the test. I was on the trafics for about 2 hours(it was just a bad day). when I reached the center, I was 1 hour late. they asked me to write to them why I missed it again. I sent a written document to them on july 13th, explaining why I missed for the second time.
Now it is about a month ago. I am just suspecting they might close my application. I didnt talked to cic client service. But from my previous experience, they do help little.
Is there anyone who exprience same problem or is there any one who have suggestions?. incase they asked me to re apply, will it take the same lenght for the first time? do I have any chance to go to judge for reopening my previous file?
Thank you
1. Nope your application is now considered abandoned

"
I received a final notice to write the test, but I missed it
You must contact us within 30 days of the test date if you:

• missed your first test,
  • received a final notice to write the test, and
  • missed that test, too.
The notice inviting you to the new test date will tell you how to contact us.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another final notice with a new test date.

We may close your application for citizenship if:

• you do not contact us within 30 days, or
  • you do not have a valid reason for missing the test.
You will have to apply for citizenship again and pay the required fees."

Heavy traffic won't cut it as a valid reason.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
missing twice means u r not responsible person and could miss 3rd time by sleeping. You should call them and fix this asap if u r seriously care and sleep atleast from 6pm day before. If you live far stay with family or relative, friend in the area of office if they live around the area of interview which is what i did, if no its worth staying in hotel not far from the office.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The OP should think of it much same as a job interview for a job they really want, even though of course citizenship is arguably more important but principal is the same.

Do a test run to the location if possible same day of the week, same time to judge traffic/ parking and so on. Plan to arrive a couple hours early, find a coffee shop nearby if necessary to wait out the time

Missing an appointment once might be acceptable, missing twice nothing really to add but missing three times does not really indicate to anyone that an applicant is really serious about the process and is prepared to put that extra effort above all else going on.

The OP should not need telling that common sense rules to secure their future plus starts to get more expensive than it needs to.