+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I missed a call from the embassy..

M

markybonus

I was driving at the time so I couldn't answer. The number was 613-952-9623. My wife in Canada also received a call from the same number at around the same time. We tried calling back but the number could not be contacted. We looked it up and the number code turned out to be from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

When we searched the exact number on the internet, it seems that other people have received calls from this number, and some say that this is a VOIP number used by Canadian Embassies to re-route calls from abroad.

I called the Manila embassy to ask about the call but they could not give me any information. The lady I spoke to just said that I can only inquire about the status of the application, but there's no way to exactly find out who called or why. I didn't want to inquire about the application status since they said asking might cause delays in processing.

So what should we do now? Just wait for another call? Should we be worried about it? It's a weird situation.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated!

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
well if you listen my advice just wait for the second call , i noticed one thing when you chase the process the more you trace the more things will let you worried since nothing is in your hand please just pay a patience.

thank you !

noubi

Star Member
Oct 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello

don't worry they will send you in the same time just see your email and wait for socend call again

good luck

M

markybonus

Hi, Sjardanne. It's a spousal sponsorship application. :)

sjardanne

Jan 12, 2007
you may enquire about the call by emailing them:
just say, you were not able to answer the phone call due to driving, taking shower, in a meeting, etc...
theyd probably call u back. its good news if its a call, meaning, kind of urgent. my opinion.
good luck...

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received a call from this same number on May 4th from the visa office in Kingston, Jamaica informing me that my application for PR was approved and requested me to send my PP via fedex/dhl. I did tried calling the number back just to see if someone would answer and the recording says it's an invalid number, apparently the visa office doesn't accept calls from the public, so the number is actually void when you try to call it back.

So don't worry, they will try calling you again or may send you an email or a post mail. I guess some visa offices usually try calling first to speed up the process, when considering how long some persons wait before receiving regular mails through the post.

ALL THE BEST!

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Miracle_44,

Have you have your passport with the visas already?

I received the same phone call today.

Regards,