+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I meet the PR card renewal requirements, still got called for an interview.

melo

Jul 7, 2011
i goy my pr on the begining of january 3th , no need for interview i had a phone call from cic informing me that my file has been reviewed . The lady is nice and i think all the problems comes from that lazy cic agent who doesnt want to take five minutes from his time and look at the file. Anyway it is over

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
But is this also happening only in some particular CIC offices ? perhaps those that are over-loaded or where officers are likely to be "under pressure" and so more easy to want to be "difficult" or unconcerned ? I have seen some others talk about St Clair and now someone else mentioned Halifax office ?

Is there really some of that luck factor where you tell yourself- oh ! I guess the Officer "got out on the wrong side of the bed this AM" and feels irritable or like giving RQs or whatever ?

I would think on average they are more human and reasonable than officers from some other countries and realize that giving an RQ to someone who does not deserve it could be jeopardizing that applicant's ability to put bread on the table or maybe an unfair exercising of power than could mess up someone's life for a few months or more ? I still want to think that the officers are good people with good intentions and understand that applicants are all but human like them - and should not be on the receiving end of the "officer's bad day/mood" or work pressures.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's the folks at the St. Clair and Halifax offices. Those two names keep re occuring on this forum.