+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made a mistake, withdrew application and want to reapply. (Student Visa)

Kannan91

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I made my study permit application on February 13, 2020 and received my Correspondence Letter on June 11, 2020. I understand my application has gone until the last stage. I worked for a start-up in 2013 but I took a break for 4 months and continued with them until end 2014. During this 4 months I have traveled to Maldives on a vacation. The issue is when I get the work experience certificate, I requested them to issue the certificate as if I served continuously as this is my very first job. I submitted this certificate with my application package. However I didn't explain how I traveled for 4 months while working full time in my SOP. It was bugging me. I went to withdraw my application and the withdraw request was successful. Now I wish to reapply and I want to explain the whole scenario, I'm just wondering whether they will check with my previous application and questions may be asked.

Experts please help, Thanks

Kannan91

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I think you are all good..do explain with a covering letter why you withdrew. All the best!
Thanks for the reply, During my application withdrawal I stated pandemic as the reason, honestly that's one of the reasons. Now my question is do I need to explain the mistake I made during the previous application or It's okay to be honest with my new application? I want to make sure that the mistake I made shouldn't backfire in my upcoming applications.

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
You can highlight both...as both seems to be your reason. Always being truthful to IRCC is key, for now and for future.

Reactions: Kannan91

projitMukherjee

Mar 17, 2021
I made my study permit application on February 13, 2020 and received my Correspondence Letter on June 11, 2020. I understand my application has gone until the last stage. I worked for a start-up in 2013 but I took a break for 4 months and continued with them until end 2014. During this 4 months I have traveled to Maldives on a vacation. The issue is when I get the work experience certificate, I requested them to issue the certificate as if I served continuously as this is my very first job. I submitted this certificate with my application package. However I didn't explain how I traveled for 4 months while working full time in my SOP. It was bugging me. I went to withdraw my application and the withdraw request was successful. Now I wish to reapply and I want to explain the whole scenario, I'm just wondering whether they will check with my previous application and questions may be asked.

Experts please help, Thanks
How long did it take for withdrawal confirmation to come?