+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made a mistake , please advice what do i do now ?

boss2009

Star Member
Oct 17, 2009
You are my friends , and i have always got invaluable information & help from you.. So here i am again seeking help

I am a oil & gas professional. Now having a license to work in canada.

I have come to canada alone. I landed in Toronto , lived there for 1.5 months , i have relatives there.....I was applying for jobs in oil & gas , but did not get any replies.... i called up some people and they told me that maybe you are located so far from the jobs ( most were in Alberta ), so the companies will prefer a local candidate , so you are not being called......

I moved to calgary , in the hope that things will brighten up.... but after comming here when i started calling up placement agencies/companies in which jobs were advertised, they told me " send your resume by e-mail , and if we need you then we will contact you " , moreover i had 2 interviews , both were conducted over the phone.....

I have no relatives/support in Alberta... it is much easier for me to live in Toronto...

Do i stand a better chance of landing a job if i stay in Alberta or the chances are as good even if i stay in Toronto. It is more difficult for me to live in Alberta then in toronto , i will stay here only if the chances of my finding a job are improved by my staying here...

Kindly advice what should i do , stay here or move back to toronto , take up a starter job ( easily available in toronto ) and then keep looking for a job

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It is easier to get an oil job in Albertam but you must have patience, also did you try looking for job in Fort Mcmurry? If not, you should.

Good luck.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
one of the keys for success in Canada? and my advice to you especially at this point in life and recession time:

do NOT only focus on a job in your field, but also look around at any other position and any other opportunity, see it as a survial chance and a survival job, have not only a Plan A at hand, but also a Plan B and C and D etc ...

One job and a few months of work at a lower wage suffice in order to be get going from there and find what you need eventually.

Problem with most immigrants who come to Canada though: This is not the land of Fortune and a place where companies are hiriing until the end of times and are waiting there at the airport welcoming each new immigrant and willing to offer them a job and a higher wage bla bla bla, NO, this is just another country like any other and it requires patience, resiliance, wisdome, power and faith but above all: FLEXIBILITY!

I 've been working for Royal Families but if I am lucky, I will find a job as a receptionist here :)

But dear Boss: at least go and live in the city you LOVE & like to live in and stay and don't just follow the advice of others. Do what YOU want and see where you land.

Be patient please, don't give up hope, you will find what you seek but have a few other plans at hand just in case OK?

May the Force be with you ;)