+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lost my landing Document

Loyal2016

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hello friends

I have lost my landing document. :(

I wanted to know its implications and how can I reissue same.

Regards
Kamlesh

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Loyal2016 said:
Hello friends

I have lost my landing document. :(

I wanted to know its implications and how can I reissue same.

Regards
Kamlesh
Wait.

Based on other posts it is clear you are in breach of the PR RO (although perhaps there is a viable H&C argument otherwise, but very risky to rely on that unless it fits very specific H&C scenarios), and thus you should not make any applications to IRCC (formerly CIC) until you have remained in Canada two plus years.

Thus you will need to go without a PR card for the next two years. You do not need it so long as you do not leave Canada. You have your SIN, and are a legal PR (based on what you have reported), so you can work. If you still have a valid PR card, get provincial health care coverage as soon as possible to avoid problems with that. Same relative to a drivers license.

Do not apply for confirmation of status (which is what you need to do to replace the lost landing document) for two years.

Do not apply for a PR card for two years.

Do not apply to sponsor someone for two years.

Do not travel outside Canada for two years.

If you do that, you will be OK to go, no problem with your PR status. And in the meantime yes you can work.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
You are a gift for all of us. I really appreciate your inputs and opinions.

Thanks and please keep up the good work.

dpenabill said:
Wait.

Based on other posts it is clear you are in breach of the PR RO (although perhaps there is a viable H&C argument otherwise, but very risky to rely on that unless it fits very specific H&C scenarios), and thus you should not make any applications to IRCC (formerly CIC) until you have remained in Canada two plus years.

Thus you will need to go without a PR card for the next two years. You do not need it so long as you do not leave Canada. You have your SIN, and are a legal PR (based on what you have reported), so you can work. If you still have a valid PR card, get provincial health care coverage as soon as possible to avoid problems with that. Same relative to a drivers license.

Do not apply for confirmation of status (which is what you need to do to replace the lost landing document) for two years.

Do not apply for a PR card for two years.

Do not apply to sponsor someone for two years.

Do not travel outside Canada for two years.

If you do that, you will be OK to go, no problem with your PR status. And in the meantime yes you can work.