+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lost my Landing Certificate

Ian V

Mar 16, 2014
me and my family are already eligible to apply for citizenship but i lost my Landing Certificate. Some say that I have to apply for Verification of Status but some say I just need to attach a written explanation in our application. can anybody help me please..

ComTrix

Mar 2, 2015
The same thing happened to me. It is safer to get the Status Verification certificate. The problem is that the status verification takes around 6 months.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont tell me you dont have a photocopy or scan of you COPR? Apply with what you have now and get a replacement. You dont wanna wait for the replacement, it could take months.

Good chance you will get an RQ too.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
I was in the same boat as you I ended up waiting for the VoS before applying, but it takes 6 months to arrive. Various members here have submitted without the document but with a letter explaining it was lost and that you applied for a VoS with a copy of the receipt. You should order the VoS nonetheless it is an important document to have and apply by writing a letter explaining the situation.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same situation when I applied last September. Here is what I did.
I paid $30 VOS (verification of status) fee (online) and attached the receipt with a brief expiation on my citizenship application. Mailed both application same day. I got my VOS as email attached on Feb, few weeks before my oath. Remember you may not need VOS for your test or interview (I didn't have it during interview) but you need it during oath. Hope this helps.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Ian V said:
me and my family are already eligible to apply for citizenship but i lost my Landing Certificate. Some say that I have to apply for Verification of Status but some say I just need to attach a written explanation in our application. can anybody help me please..
-Apply with what you have with written explanation, in the mean time you need to apply for a copy ASAP-CIC Can access your landing copy on their sys
- If you have send/gave a copy to any place in the past you can go to them requesting same
- Verification status cant be the same as your landing certificate

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Ian V said:
I think you can "write" it to CIC and seek their advise. Keep a record of you informing the CIC about the lost "Landing Papers".

CIC might charge fee & issue the duplicate or ask the embassy in the country from where you got you landing paper for duplicate one.

Wish you all the best,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canadiandesi2006 said:
I think you can "write" it to CIC and seek their advise. Keep a record of you informing the CIC about the lost "Landing Papers".

CIC might charge fee & issue the duplicate or ask the embassy in the country from where you got you landing paper for duplicate one.

Wish you all the best,
1. CIC will charge you $30 for a Verification of status. You will need it for your Pension, so the OP better apply .
2. The overseas office doesn't provide copies of COPR.

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Same situation when I applied last September. Here is what I did.
I paid $30 VOS (verification of status) fee (online) and attached the receipt with a brief expiation on my citizenship application. Mailed both application same day. I got my VOS as email attached on Feb, few weeks before my oath. Remember you may not need VOS for your test or interview (I didn't have it during interview) but you need it during oath. Hope this helps.
did you show them the VOS at your oath ceremony - Did they accept it?