+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lived in canada and want to share experience

H

hiabbydear

Hi everyone,

I lived in canada and want to share my experience. Please feel free to buzz me.

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
How was your time in Canada? And where did you live?

H

hiabbydear

Ttcdfolk said:
How was your time in Canada? And where did you live?
It was good. I met my love in canada. In starting it was difficult because they only look for canadian experience if you are apply for job and it doesn't matter where you from which was really challenging.

now I set up my life, got a car and planning to buy house this year.

How about you ?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
hiabbydear said:
It was good. I met my love in canada. In starting it was difficult because they only look for canadian experience if you are apply for job and it doesn't matter where you from which was really challenging.

now I set up my life, got a car and planning to buy house this year.

How about you ?
wow that is so good that you are doing good in canada....do u have to go back to school for any training at all

H

hiabbydear

No

I never done training man. All my own. If you ready to learn then world is yours my friend.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
It's not true that employers only look at Canadian experience. I have been an expat for years and I have built a great resume with tons of experience. I have loads of excellent reference letters from employers, colleagues, and professors. You're trying to tell me that all this won't matter? Nuts...

FS

H

hiabbydear

Fencesitter said:
It's not true that employers only look at Canadian experience. I have been an expat for years and I have built a great resume with tons of experience. I have loads of excellent reference letters from employers, colleagues, and professors. You're trying to tell me that all this won't matter? Nuts...

FS
When you will go. You will see your self. I am not here to discourage you.

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
September 16, 2013 - Toronto
Fencesitter said:

FS
For minimum paying jobs, it depends on the job, you don't need experience but you need to be certified and trained for security guard, drivers, fork lift operators, electricians, etc. For factory workers, cashiers, hotel jobs, you just need to be trained. Maybe what hiabbydear means is for white collar jobs like Doctors, Engineers, Professors, Nurses, etc, these jobs, you need to take some school credits or attend training for License, some of them you need to have Masters Degree especially Professors and Teachers. For IT jobs, where we have lots of IT different kinds of job positions here in Canada, as new comer you don't need to be certified but you need to have experience on the job so you can proved that you can do the job especially for programmers and Technicians. Before coming to Canada, I work different IT jobs as Computer Teacher-Nueva Ecija-2 years, FoxPro Programmer-Makati-4 years, Windows Server Admin-Republic of Palau-2 years, Web ASP Developer-Hong Kong-2 years (Started Skilled Immigrant Application), VB Application Developer-Cayman Islands-1 year, and Canada-not luck for IT. I attended Windows Certifications and upgrades in Canada but when I applied to 15+ IT Companies including Research In Motion and Microsoft, but no luck. As of now I'm still waiting for my wife to arrived and will go back to school for 1 year... Not every IT Professional has the same fate like me, but advised to Filipino IT Pro coming to Canada, don't just focused on windows .net programming, go for JAVA, SAP, UNIX, Linux, Oracle.

H

hiabbydear

E.Perez said:
For minimum paying jobs, it depends on the job, you don't need experience but you need to be certified and trained for security guard, drivers, fork lift operators, electricians, etc. For factory workers, cashiers, hotel jobs, you just need to be trained. Maybe what hiabbydear means is for white collar jobs like Doctors, Engineers, Professors, Nurses, etc, these jobs, you need to take some school credits or attend training for License, some of them you need to have Masters Degree especially Professors and Teachers. For IT jobs, where we have lots of IT different kinds og job positions here in Canada, as new comer you don't need to be certified but you need to have experience on the job so you can proved that you can do the job especially for programmers and technicians. Before coming to Canada, I work different IT jobs in Computer Teacher-Nueva Ecija-2 years, FoxPro Programmer-Makati-4 years, Windows Server Admin-Republic of Palau-2 years, Web ASP Developer-Hong Kong - 2 years, VB Application Developer-Cayman Islands-1 year, and Canada-Not IT. I attended Windows Certifications and upgrades in Canada but when I applied to 15+ IT Companies including Research In Motion and Microsoft, but no luck. As of now I'm still waiting for my wife to arrived and will go back to school for 1 year... Not every IT Professional has the same fate like me, but advised to Filipino IT Pro coming to Canada, don't just focused on windows .net programming, go for JAVA, SAP, UNIX, Linux, Oracle.
for all jobs they require experience or certify mostly.

Man I lived my best year of life in canada and my children will enjoy which I am giving them now.

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
hiabbydear said:
for all jobs they require experience or certify mostly.

Man I lived my best year of life in canada and my children will enjoy which I am giving them now.
:D Me too bro, I enjoy working not in IT job but I was able to visit different cities in Canada and USA. So far, so good, I can go home in the Philippines once a year, I was able to buy house and lot in the Philippines, and now I sponsored my wife and saved money for her arrival (soon hopefully this year).

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
hiabbydear said:
When you will go. You will see your self. I am not here to discourage you.
You're not right in that at all. I have friends who up have immigrated here, and their past work experiences mattered quite a bit. He was able to get a job pretty much right away as a manager for a pretty big retail store because of what he did back home.

So you're essentially giving false information, that's only based on your personal experiences, which does not make anything fact, or how it works for every one.

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
brightredscream said:
You're not right in that at all. I have friends who up have immigrated here, and their past work experiences mattered quite a bit. He was able to get a job pretty much right away as a manager for a pretty big retail store because of what he did back home.

So you're essentially giving false information, that's only based on your personal experiences, which does not make anything fact, or how it works for every one.
For a Manager position, you need experienced either in Canada or abroad. You can still get a job as manager with out experience if you have appropriate education concerning to that position and you are able to pass the interview according to their needs. One position varies in each companies, so it depends on you as a job applicant. For me, maybe I failed all of my IT interviews because they ask me for other computer programming languages and Operating System which I'm not familiar with (C++, Java, Linux, Unix, Oracle).