+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lied to immigration officer. What's going to be happen?

Sep 28, 2017
I brought cooked and packed chicken and pork meat. They checked my bagages, then I paid $650 penalty. I am in process to get PR card now.
I brought cooked and packed noodle 1 or 2. years ago, i didn't know it is not allowed back then, officer just took away the food and warned me, i might be charged panalty for this case.

I know i was really stupid. I wanted to help my friend in Canada coz she has missed foods from her country.

Actually i tought bring the coocked food is not a big deal, but bring rare food is big problem.

I checked lying to immigration officer is crim and fruad. Now i remember becouse immigration officer asked me why did you lie to me. He copied my canada driver license and my boarding pass today(i transfered from usa to come to canada)

Now i realise how it is big matter lying to immigration not only food problem.

Does this issue affect very seriously to make decesion for my PR and i might arrest or will be charged more big penalty???

Thank you so much to reply my concern.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I brought cooked and packed chicken and pork meat. They checked my bagages, then I paid $650 penalty. I am in process to get PR card now.
I brought cooked and packed noodle 1 or 2. years ago, i didn't know it is not allowed back then, officer just took away the food and warned me, i might be charged panalty for this case.

I know i was really stupid. I wanted to help my friend in Canada coz she has missed foods from her country.

Actually i tought bring the coocked food is not a big deal, but bring rare food is big problem.

I checked lying to immigration officer is crim and fruad. Now i remember becouse immigration officer asked me why did you lie to me. He copied my canada driver license and my boarding pass today(i transfered from usa to come to canada)

Does this issue affect very seriously to make decesion for my PR and i might arrest or will be charged more big penalty???

No big deal. people from your country do this mostly. so don't worry

what is rare food?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No big deal. people from your country do this mostly. so don't worry

what is rare food?
Probably meant to say raw uncooked food.

Stupid thing is when you see people bring this stuff in there are probably plenty places in the country where you can buy the same food anyway assuming is legal and not some protected species such as shark fin for example.

Of course could actually mean rare food product that is not available in Canada in which case ignore the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

No, it shouldn't. Relax!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Probably meant to say raw uncooked food.

Stupid thing is when you see people bring this stuff in there are probably plenty places in the country where you can buy the same food anyway assuming is legal and not some protected species such as shark fin for example.

Of course could actually mean rare food product that is not available in Canada in which case ignore the above.
Thanks. Agree on what you said.

I thought it might be dog-meat or komodo dragon etc.

Hell lot of meat products in Canada but people still want to have home cooked. Not understandable.

Last edited:

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
It is a lie, but does not constitute misrepresentation since it has no effect on your eligibilities. If you lied about something that directly affects the approval of your PR, then you should be worried. But it is not your case.

Another thing is if a Canadian boarder security officer catches you lying in an application and decides that it constitutes a misrep, he issues a report the same day banning you from applying again, which can go up to 5 years.

Obviously it is not your case. So you can relax :)

Welcome to Canada

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY