+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i just had interview few days ago at nyc office here is the story

yanik34

Jun 26, 2011
My interview was 9am so i arrived to visa office by 8.30 am. there were only few people and i think i was the only person had interview, because i had different number then others and they just go to window and show their document.then they leave the office. when its 9am am they called my number and told me to go one of the room( there is 5-6 rooms) when i entered to room immigration oficer comfirmed my name and introduced herself. First question she asked me was about my previous marriage then she start ask so many details and made me so nervous. she start telling me why would she believe that my marriage is real. i showed to her all the papers.my family came allway from Europe for my wedding but my wife's family couldnt come to wedding because of at the time her mom and dad recently divorced, her mom didnt come and her dad couldnt come to wedding. the immigration officer start asking me so many questions about why her family didnt come for wedding. i explained to her but she said she dont believe. i was going to tell her she can call my wife family and ask if she want but she dont even let me say anything.
She goes from one question to another one before i can answer and made me forget everything i know.
Then she asked me why we dont have joint account , i said ones i move to canada we will open a joint account .
(i asked to open joint acc. to my wife last time she visited me and my wife told me we can do it ones i arrive to Canada) we never think that immigration officer would make this a such a big deal!
Then the officer asked me why i never help my wife financially?
i said i always ask my wife if she need anything and she say no no no. because my wife lives with her father. her father have house so she doesnt pay rent. she has a good job( health care) and she will be a registered nurse.
only one time i got her text book not because of she needed just i wanted to. we exchanged gift many time. etc
i tried to explain these but every time i start say something, the officer cut it and said repeatly its not a normal i dont let my wife access my bank account.
Finally i got mad and i said my wife no need any financial help however of course if she need and help i will help her. and ones we start live together we will open bank acc together.
After 45 mins she asked me what will i do if she deny my case. i said angrly im not gonna divorce or leave my wife just because of if i cant the paper to go Canada. i said my wife either will come to newyork to live with me or we move to my home country in europe.
Then she start talk about the apealing process, she said my wife can go federal court and it will take another 1 or 1,5 year.
and i answered it doesnt matter it takes one year or 10 year we will try that if i cant go Canada my wife will come to whereever i live. and interview finished after excatly 50 min.
The officer asked me if i wanna provide any other doucement, i said no. she said wait 5 min and left the room.
after 5 minutes she came back and she said that she will give me the visa and asked my passport.
i gave her passport and picked up today with the visa:)

I really didnt understand why she gave me such a hard time (1hr).
Now my wife and i so happy and we can start live together finally:)

My processing time line is
May 2011 i sent the forms
august i sponsorship approved
feb 2012 got the visa

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I'm sorry the interview was brutal, but so happy to read at the end that you were approved! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Congratulations, really happy for you and your wife :) Good luck with your new life!

Mhut

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Sounds like she was doing it on purpose to get you worked up just to see how you would respond. Maybe she wanted to see if you'd get emotional and really act like you wanted to be with your wife or not. Sounds like you really did show her how much you care!

Congrats to you!! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
goooooooood job!!!!! u hanged in there!!!!!! and showed her ur true feelings!!!!!! it's obvious that she tested u so bad and gave u harsh time but u did it!!!!! thanks so much for sharing ur experience!!!!! have a nice life together in Canada :)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG, one tough interviewer! So they were doubting your application and interview helped them to make a final decision. Congratulations!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Congratulations!! At least you got your VISA now, that VO was testing you if you get your answers right, coz if you are truthful, no matter how they twist the questions or you get flustered or nervous, you will still have your stories straight. Again Congratulations! Thanks for telling your story! Happy for you! ;D

yanik34

Jun 26, 2011
i would advice to everyone that stick with your answers,and dont forget it. The immigration officer ask me the same questions few times during the interview and tried to make me give differenet answer. i had do correct her few time. one more thing she asked my wife adress and then she asked me where is my wife go school and whats the distance.i answered. then she told me wait one sec and she opened her computer and googled it if im saying correcet. because i said from my wife's home to school takes 1hr by bus and she has to take 2 buses.the officer told me no it cant be true and opened her computer front of me (i could see and she get direction from google and saw im telling the truth).
Aslo she told me excatly like this" since i can only interview you ,your wife not here and your answers not reasonable) they could interview us together and it was gonna be much easy for me i guess because my wife is calm and could answer her better.
Anyway Thanks everyone for responses:)

kmw

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-07-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29- 02 -2012
LANDED..........
23 -05 -2012
WOW! you might have lose your patience there anyway congrats.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yanik34 said:
i would advice to everyone that stick with your answers,and dont forget it. The immigration officer ask me the same questions few times during the interview and tried to make me give differenet answer. i had do correct her few time. one more thing she asked my wife adress and then she asked me where is my wife go school and whats the distance.i answered. then she told me wait one sec and she opened her computer and googled it if im saying correcet. because i said from my wife's home to school takes 1hr by bus and she has to take 2 buses.the officer told me no it cant be true and opened her computer front of me (i could see and she get direction from google and saw im telling the truth).
Aslo she told me excatly like this" since i can only interview you ,your wife not here and your answers not reasonable) they could interview us together and it was gonna be much easy for me i guess because my wife is calm and could answer her better.
Anyway Thanks everyone for responses:)
I wish they can always info people on time rather than keeping their application to collect dust before requesting interview.
Anyways it's so nice you stood your ground. Congratulations.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be honest, if someone is going to interview like this even the real genuine relationship person can get really nervous and maybe look 'bad' and stressed. You must be a 'tough cookie' 8)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yanik34 said:
My processing time line is
May 2011 i sent the forms
august i sponsorship approved
feb 2012 got the visa
Hi yanik34,
When was your application received in Mississauga? Because in your old posts you wrote that you submitted your app in July (end of it), now you are writing that you sent it in May :-\ Also you wrote that your sponsor was approved in November but now it looks like that it was done in August. Correct me if I'm wrong ;)