+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I HAVE TWO PASSPORT (OLD / CANCELLED : F-1 VISA STAMPLED AND NEW : RENEWED)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Dear friends,

Currently, I have F-1 (Student Visa) for studying in USA and i am doing M.S in MIS.I am from india.

My VISA will expire on Jan,2017. But my passport has been expired and i successfully renewed my passport with 10 more years.

So,Now i have two passports :
Cancelled Old passport with valid F-1 Visa and
New passport renewed with 10 more years.

I would like to apply for CANADA visitor visa to attend my cousin ceremony party in canada.

So,i searched on internet "how to apply for canada visa ? " , i found your website and it will be very helpful to further process it step by step.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval...
I have only one question , When they will notify me to send passport , i need to send both passport or only new passport ??

Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?
Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?

Please let me know asap, it will be appreciated !

Thank you for your help :)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Ok thnak you for your help!

I am just wodering because my F-1 visa stamped in old passport. My visa will be expire in jan,2017.

Is it ok ? , if i will send my new passport ONLY ??

Thank you :)

Moo77dy

Jun 15, 2013
you will need to send the passport which has US Visa and the new passport to submit canadian visa on it

i have similar situation and i submitted both passports and got canadian visa in new passport within 3 days
dont worry they will return both passports

good luck

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Just send the new one, they require the passport to place the stamp only.

The verification of documents is done when you apply and send them all the forms, scanned documents etc.
So just sending the new one is enough, chill :)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Ok... Thank you for your help :)

I am so confused because in OLD passport , i have valid US Visa stamped. So, i don't want to send my expired passport with US visa stamped.

Now , i have applied online . So ,if my visa approved , i will only send my new passport for canada visa stamp. :)

I am so happy. hope for best :)

thank you so much for your help :)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Hello Friends,

I have applied online on MyCIC : July 1st

Hopefully , i will get a pp request by next week.

When i will receive a notification for PP request ,-- > Where do i need to send my passport ? I am not sure about this process..... Which office ?? (LA / NY / etc.)

Do they will mention in PP request notification Huh

Can you please help me ??

Also,Mailing Service : Which carrier service is best option : -- USPS Priority mail / USPS Express mail / USPS Flat rate envelope

Please let me know ASAP! Smiley

Thank you for your help :) :)