Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
RyanThomas said:
Quite an interesting thread .. i would just like to know how to send the photos ? The wedding and other photos of the applicant and spouse .. should i print it on glossy photo paper or could i print it on normal A4 size paper ?
I was going to print copies straight from my SD card. Not sure if it's the right way either

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
With regards to the pictures there are several great ideas. I personally printed 3 or 4 to a page and hand wrote names dates ect under or above each one. I sent in less than 100 pics so not really annoying to hand write.

You can also put them into word and type the captions. This is nice if sending in more pictures, or if you have or are worried you have bad penmanship.

I printed mine out on regular paper, I figured I spent enough on the application, translations, certified copies ect. I admit they didn't have the greatest quality but all faces and surroundings were visible. It did the job.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

AniaH

Jul 3, 2013
zardoz said:
We even used different colour paper clips for the different groups of documents.
Pink for the sponsor docs (girl)
Blue for the principal applicant (boy)
Black for generic items.

I think we are insane...
LOLOL! I have never bought so many clips and stickies in my life or ever debated which ones to use like I have with this application. Here you are normal :) But ya, this process is going to make us all OCD!

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
MadeInCanada said:
With regards to the pictures there are several great ideas. I personally printed 3 or 4 to a page and hand wrote names dates ect under or above each one. I sent in less than 100 pics so not really annoying to hand write.

You can also put them into word and type the captions. This is nice if sending in more pictures, or if you have or are worried you have bad penmanship.

I printed mine out on regular paper, I figured I spent enough on the application, translations, certified copies ect. I admit they didn't have the greatest quality but all faces and surroundings were visible. It did the job.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
why were you required to attend an interview?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@MonikaR

We can see that you are very serious about this and certainly I applaud your efforts.

However, there is no need to overdo it.

Keep it simple. Provide documents as per checklist.

You have lived together for 4 years. So, it's not like you two just met.

It should be an easy case that the visa officer will come across.

Good Luck... 8)

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Good lord! Lol
I admire the work you're putting into that...

For ours we literally bought one of those accordion file folders and separated things by

Sponsor forms
Proof of relationship
Trip 1
Trip 2 etc
Additional proof
Applicant forms
The end!

Tossed it in an envelope, mailed it. Done.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Hey Guys,
Just in the finally stages of preparing my application should be sending within the next week fingers crossed inland common-law sponsorship.
I have questions with form [IMM 5401]/receipt where did you guys file/put in order of your application ?
Cause from what i gather the cic look at the sponsors forms first so do I put in with my sponsors form or with me the principal applicant?
According to the document check sheet it doesn't really give you a order. Does it go by it's self with the document check sheet?
Looking at the check sheet it looks like it goes behind the letter from the sponsors employer & T4 option C stuff.
Just trying to make life easier for the cic vo's really
Thanks for you help

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
Re: Organizing your application

rjessome said:
Yes.
BC_guy is right. All the envelopes, folder, separate clips, etc. are IMMEDIATELY removed and the file is reorganized in Mississauga or Vegreville (wherever the application is being processed). However, I disagree with the cling film/wrap to hold it all together. Use a large binder clip or a couple of elastic bands. Put everything in the order of the checklists, and you don't have to use a table of contents if you use the checklist because THAT will be the table of contents. I will agree with numbering the bottom right hand corner of all the pages. AND KEEP A COPY OF WHAT YOU SEND TO CIC!!!!
And frankly, there is TOO much supporting documentation in this application. For example, if you've had joint bank accounts since 2009 until now, why send a copy of every statement? Send a copy of the first one in 2009 when you opened the account, one from 2010, 2011, 2012 and the most current. That's enough! Same for credit card statements. You don't need to include EVERY receipt from EVERY trip. Itineraries and a few photos of each are enough. Too much of a good thing is NOT a good thing. CIC complains about files like this that can be too large. And it's silly for common law couples to include emails and phone records (although the OP didn't mention those but I'm just saying) unless there are a few emails from when you first started dating or are currently living apart to show ongoing communication. You live TOGETHER so no need for too much of this stuff.
And FYI for the OP, the Sponsor's information goes on top. It's the sponsor that is evaluated first. Best of luck.
Hi rjessome: Its a very good insight of preparing an application. "Too much of a good thing is NOT a good thing" - Exactly right. However, organizing a sponsorship application is not really easy sometimes depending on the varieties of cultural relationships as well as rituals to be presented as proof of genuine relation.