+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have scheduled interview on January 28, 2010. Pls Help!

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
Hi to all!

Please help me. I really need all your inputs as per above subject.

I have scheduled interview this coming January 28, 2010. As per requirements, the High Commission of Canada requires me to bring the latest copy of my employment contract signed by my employer and proof of funds.

My problem now are:
First, I have sent an email how many times to my employer asking him to send a latest copy of my employment contract or an updated letter confirming the job offer but until now I got no reply from him. It seems that he is no longer interested to hire me. Would I still attend the interview or would I rather inform the High Commission of Canada that my employer is no longer interested in hiring me? Second thing is, regarding the proof of funds. Do I really need to produce this one? In my employment contract, this is what is being stated under ACCOMMODATION:

The Employer agrees to ensure that reasonable and proper accommodation is available for the Employee, and shall provide the Employee with suitable accommodation, if necessary. If accommodation is provided, the Employer shall recoup costs as outlined below. Such costs shall not be more than is reasonable for accommodation of that type in the employment location.

The Employer X will provide the Employee with accommodation. If yes, the Employer will recoup costs at an amount of $225.00 per pay period through payroll deductions.

Please help me!

Thanks to all in advance.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try another form of contact with your employer, such as calling them, perhaps. How long ago did you first email them about this?

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
Karlshammar said:
Try another form of contact with your employer, such as calling them, perhaps. How long ago did you first email them about this?
Thanks for taking time on this matter, Karlshammar.
I started sending them email last December when I came here in Singapore. I arrived here in Singapore last December 10. What could you suggest, Karlshammar? Please really need your opinion on this matter. Thank you so much.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
Bella07 said:
hi heaven... where did u submit ur application.. what CIC???
I submitted my application here in Singapore. Have you done with the interview? When was it?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
heavens said:
I submitted my application here in Singapore. Have you done with the interview? When was it?
How long ago have you submitted your application? Try calling your prospective employer so s/he could send you a copy of your contract. CIC probably wants to ascertain the employer is still interested or still needs your services.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
job_seeker said:
How long ago have you submitted your application? Try calling your prospective employer so s/he could send you a copy of your contract. CIC probably wants to ascertain the employer is still interested or still needs your services.
I submitted my application last November 2008, then they scheduled me for interview this January 28, 2010 only. Yes, most probably High Commission of Canada wants to know if my employer is still interested for my service. But the problem is, I have sent emails to my employer lots of time asking for the latest copy of a letter stating a job offer for me, until now I got no reply from him. It seems that he is no longer interested of hiring me.

What comes on my mind now is, I will still come for the scheduled interview but I will tell the officer that my employer is no longer interested of hiring me. What do you think?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
heavens said:
I submitted my application last November 2008, then they scheduled me for interview this January 28, 2010 only. Yes, most probably High Commission of Canada wants to know if my employer is still interested for my service. But the problem is, I have sent emails to my employer lots of time asking for the latest copy of a letter stating a job offer for me, until now I got no reply from him. It seems that he is no longer interested of hiring me.

What comes on my mind now is, I will still come for the scheduled interview but I will tell the officer that my employer is no longer interested of hiring me. What do you think?
Have you tried calling him on the phone? It is possible the email has changed if you have not constantly communicated with him. What position are you applying for? Try moving the date interview to a later date if you are sure the employer is still interested.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
job_seeker said:
Have you tried calling him on the phone? It is possible the email has changed if you have not constantly communicated with him. What position are you applying for? Try moving the date interview to a later date if you are sure the employer is still interested.
Thank you so much, job_seeker. Yes, I will try calling him. But is it possible to move the date for my interview?