+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have question about new passport.

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
Hi :)

My passport expire is March.2018 and I have applied Family Sponsorship.

I haven't got open work permit yet. but I think OWP expire will be March.2018 as my passport.

So If I change my old passport to New , Should I call to CIC?

I am pretty sure I have to apply other OWP before expired old one. (It might cost $255...again)

I am worried about Sponsorship going to mess up If I change new passport .

Please help me When I change passport what should I do if I am processing on OWP and Spnosorship.

Thank you for read about this.!

Have a great day!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You have no choice to inform CIC if you do decide to apply and receive a new passport. I don't believe (not 100% sure) that you can even land as PR with an expired passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi :)

My passport expire is March.2018 and I have applied Family Sponsorship.

I haven't got open work permit yet. but I think OWP expire will be March.2018 as my passport.

So If I change my old passport to New , Should I call to CIC?

I am pretty sure I have to apply other OWP before expired old one. (It might cost $255...again)

I am worried about Sponsorship going to mess up If I change new passport .

Please help me When I change passport what should I do if I am processing on OWP and Spnosorship.

Thank you for read about this.!

Have a great day!!
Hi

Yes, your OWP will only be valid until March 2018. You need to update IRCC when you get a new passport. This will have no effect on your PR app. If you update your passport before the OWP is issued, it's possible that it will be issued for the normal validity.

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
Hi

Yes, your OWP will only be valid until March 2018. You need to update IRCC when you get a new passport. This will have no effect on your PR app. If you update your passport before the OWP is issued, it's possible that it will be issued for the normal validity.

I search cic web site . If I want to change some information , I can use web site about this >>>>
  • births
  • deaths
  • marriages
  • divorces
  • adoptions
  • changes in address
  • changes in employment
  • a new educational credential
  • results of an approved language test

but they dont say about new passport :(.... Do you know where I can find to update IRCC ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I search cic web site . If I want to change some information , I can use web site about this >>>>
  • births
  • deaths
  • marriages
  • divorces
  • adoptions
  • changes in address
  • changes in employment
  • a new educational credential
  • results of an approved language test

but they dont say about new passport :(.... Do you know where I can find to update IRCC ?
Update through the webform.

Ami55

Jul 23, 2019
@canuck_in_uk can u please tell me how to inform cic about the change for PR app and OPW app at the same time ? because they are asking about app num and i guess its 2 diff app..how do we do that please/ Thanks a lot !!!