+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have COVID, my COPR is expiring

dustan

May 9, 2018
I recently tested positive for COVID and I won’t fly to Canada to do landing. My COPR is expiring mid August. Now, I am worried that IRCC will not contact me with the offer to renew the COPR and visa because I had a chance to come to Canada earlier, but haven’t done so. (I was looking for work and had family emergencies that prevented me from traveling when the borders opened).

Did anyone have the same situation when you had the chance to come this year but didn’t and how did IRCC handle your case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I recently tested positive for COVID and I won’t fly to Canada to do landing. My COPR is expiring mid August. Now, I am worried that IRCC will not contact me with the offer to renew the COPR and visa because I had a chance to come to Canada earlier, but haven’t done so. (I was looking for work and had family emergencies that prevented me from traveling when the borders opened).

Did anyone have the same situation when you had the chance to come this year but didn’t and how did IRCC handle your case?
Do you have proof of your booked flight? Proof of your quarantine plan that was arranged before you developed Covid? When does the COPR expire and when was your flight? Do you have proof (a few different records if possible) that you have covid? You seem to have had a history with plans to be out of Canada for long periods of time in the past so this will likely raise questions if you don’t have solid proof.

dustan

May 9, 2018
Do you have proof of your booked flight? Proof of your quarantine plan that was arranged before you developed Covid? When does the COPR expire and when was your flight? Do you have proof (a few different records if possible) that you have covid? You seem to have had a history with plans to be out of Canada for long periods of time in the past so this will likely raise questions if you don’t have solid proof.
I have a plane ticket and cancelled AirBnB and hotel reservations. I also have the test results, but it will take some time to translate them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a plane ticket and cancelled AirBnB and hotel reservations. I also have the test results, but it will take some time to translate them.
It’s only the 3rd of August. If you already have your positive covid test when does your COPR expire exactly? When was your flight?

dustan

May 9, 2018
It’s only the 3rd of August. If you already have your positive covid test when does your COPR expire exactly? When was your flight?
My flight was scheduled on the 9th of August and my COPR expires on the 13th of August.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My flight was scheduled on the 9th of August and my COPR expires on the 13th of August.
Ok I would contact IRCC right away with proof of your current Covid infection and proof that you bought a flight, had an Airbnb booked, etc. before you got infected but got infected with covid and that you will be prepared to go to Canada as soon as you are no longer testing positive for covid which should be approximately 14 days post test day. How should you go about getting that extension and should you include proof of a flight. Expiry dates are tied to medical expiry date so you should also ask whether your medical will need to be repeated.