+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i have canadian fiance...

ciara

Sep 19, 2007
hello....i am a filipina and have a canadian fiance.......as what i've heard in Canada they don't have fiance visa only tourist and spouse visa....we are planning to get marry in Canada before we do the formal wedding here in the Philippines...i was thinking that if apply a visa in Canada i should use the tourist visa....i would like to ask if he can possibly sponsor me being single in Canada without requiring me the bank accounts, vehicle & land property etc.?do i have possible chance to be approve by canada immigration or canadian embassy???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanImmigrate.blogspot.com said:
you will need to apply as a family class member (being engaged) and go thru the whole process
Wrong, there is no such thing as a fiance/engaged visa. You have to be either married or in a Common/law relationship for 1 year. You can apply as conjugal, but there has to be barriers which don't allow you to marry.

PMM

ciara

Sep 19, 2007
just curious, what specifically mean about common/law relationship and why is it requires a 1year???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanImmigrate.blogspot.com said:
it can't be wrong, because there is what I have done!
The fiance/fiancee category disappeared in June/02. Maybe you wish to read the definition of family class?

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ciara said:
just curious, what specifically mean about common/law relationship and why is it requires a 1year???
Read the following definition from CIC of Common/law. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp#common_law

PMM