+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a situation please someone clear me on this

SophiaDK

Jan 29, 2015
I am enrolled in university and this is my 1st semester which ends in April. I am enrolled full time but i am not going to classes because i am not interested in it. I am likely to get admission in another college coming september. As i am free for now that i want to get full time job. Right now i am illegal to do full time job because its not a summer break but still i would like to do full time job.
My question how do they find out if i had worked more than 20 hrs during my studies ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SophiaDK said:
I am enrolled in university and this is my 1st semester which ends in April. I am enrolled full time but i am not going to classes because i am not interested in it. I am likely to get admission in another college coming september. As i am free for now that i want to get full time job. Right now i am illegal to do full time job because its not a summer break but still i would like to do full time job.
My question how do they find out if i had worked more than 20 hrs during my studies ?
first an foremost if ur not enrolled in university then ur study permit will be cancelled. so make sure u r enrolled. secondly if ur enrolled u cannot work full time(unless during vacation) and it can be discovered if not now later during ur PR process. So i wouldnt recommend risking it. risking ur future for a few thousand dollars is not worth it.

SophiaDK

Jan 29, 2015
Yes i am enrolled but not going for classes. LOL its just one month and i don't want to loose this job. Money is not a problem but they are looking for full time availability. Its just a matter of one month after that summer vacation arrives. Shall i go with this job since its just a matter of one month. What do you think ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SophiaDK said:
Yes i am enrolled but not going for classes. LOL its just one month and i don't want to loose this job. Money is not a problem but they are looking for full time availability. Its just a matter of one month after that summer vacation arrives. Shall i go with this job since its just a matter of one month. What do you think ?
1 Well when the school reports that you haven't been attending to CIC, then you can expect your job to disappear, when CIC cancels your SA and issues a removal order. To top it off, you are intending to work full time in violation of your SA.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SophiaDK said:
No one knows if i am attending or not bro. Its university level.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

Your educational institution will report to CIC on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.

It doesn't matter what level it is; CIC requires educational institutes to track their international students. They may not track your attendance but one quick look at your lack of test scores and they will know you haven't been attending and report you to CIC.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SophiaDK said:
I am aware of that bruv. I need information my question.
I think I know exactly what you mean but do you really want to know the tactics cic may deploy to get you? Why risk it?

Just like you said money is not a problem and perhaps you just fell in love with your job but on the other side the main premise of your stay in Canada is for studies only. A part time job is a privilege so play by the rules especially if you are financially stable.

If you plan to skip classes for any reason at least show up for the exams.

The issue I see with this, is that it may or may not affect your grades.

A friend of mine used to work than 20 hours on campus doing security job at night and would come to class in the morning only to fall asleep. He was behind in everything and his grades paid dearly. He was financially handicapped unlike your situation.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SophiaDK said:
You must maintain your GPA. For university(except for diploma and certificate), you should get above B, For college(except for pg diploma), you should get above C. Otherwise, your study permit will be cancel. I dont understand how you make sure your gpa without attending classes.... it sounds impossible.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SophiaDK said:
I am going to fail classes let alone CGPA. You mean i am in trouble ?
Dont fail classes... If you study a diploma level, you should make sure above c for your grade. Otherwise, you cant work for off campus work conditions.

SophiaDK

Jan 29, 2015
You are confusing me. I am enrolled in university and program is undergraduate. Its not possible to pass my from here on. It means i going to loose my status ?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SophiaDK said:
You are confusing me. I am enrolled in university and program is undergraduate. Its not possible to pass my from here on. It means i going to loose my status ?
Yes... If your study is difficult, change your school or course. Even my american friend had a hard time like you. At least, he did make sure for C+ for his transcript at university of waterloo as a undergraduate program.

SophiaDK

Jan 29, 2015
I am planning to change school and i am not staying at this university anymore. I am going to move out for next semester. If i fail my courses. How do i restore my status ?