+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got this answer after sending a web form, is it the AOR?

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
As many of you know I sent my application on July 18 and got no AOR till now. I called CIC several times, contacted my mp and sent several web forms. The last answer i got to the web form I sent was the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I'm wondering if this is an AOR or they just sent me this because I asked them to confirm whether my application is lost or found before re applying. I checked the ECAS and nothing changed. If it's not an AOR what does this reply mean?

Any insight?

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
That is not an AoR. An AoR will say "Acknowledgement of Receipt" plainly at the top. You will not be told anything by IRCC because your application is within the realm of normal processing; in order to even get them to talk to you about your application, you must wait 12 months from the time they received the application. None of us can give you an exact date as to when you'll receive the AoR, but just be patient; it'll come!

As far as what that reply means, it's just a generic response telling you "it will get there when it gets officially received". Do NOT re-apply for citizenship; wait until at least the 6th month mark. At that point, don't begin the process to apply again and instead reach out to your local Member of Parliament and explain the situation- they should be able to talk to the IRCC on your behalf and get further details than you ever could alone.

Reactions: Hydi

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
That is not an AoR. An AoR will say "Acknowledgement of Receipt" plainly at the top. You will not be told anything by IRCC because your application is within the realm of normal processing; in order to even get them to talk to you about your application, you must wait 12 months from the time they received the application. None of us can give you an exact date as to when you'll receive the AoR, but just be patient; it'll come!

As far as what that reply means, it's just a generic response telling you "it will get there when it gets officially received". Do NOT re-apply for citizenship; wait until at least the 6th month mark. At that point, don't begin the process to apply again and instead reach out to your local Member of Parliament and explain the situation- they should be able to talk to the IRCC on your behalf and get further details than you ever could alone.
Thank you for your reply. I contacted my MP 15 days ago and she contacted IRCC ,they told her that they will respond to her in 10 business days. I'm still waiting

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Keep checking eCAS daily, hopefully soon you will have access to it.
(your uci is the same as the 8 digit number on your pr card front side).
Perhaps try asking your MP for the application # issued by cic.

IRCC is really slow as a department of govt.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
This
As many of you know I sent my application on July 18 and got no AOR till now. I called CIC several times, contacted my mp and sent several web forms. The last answer i got to the web form I sent was the following:

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.

I'm wondering if this is an AOR or they just sent me this because I asked them to confirm whether my application is lost or found before re applying. I checked the ECAS and nothing changed. If it's not an AOR what does this reply mean?

Any insight?
This is not an AOR.
Be patient. Everything will be fine.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Keep checking eCAS daily, hopefully soon you will have access to it.
(your uci is the same as the 8 digit number on your pr card front side).
Perhaps try asking your MP for the application # issued by cic.

IRCC is really slow as a department of govt.
I will keep checking hopefully soon as you said. Thank you

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I contacted my MP 15 days ago and she contacted IRCC ,they told her that they will respond to her in 10 business days. I'm still waiting
MPs can do nothing, waste of their time..you are still well within the 12 months. Just relax, it will happen

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
MPs can do nothing, waste of their time..you are still well within the 12 months. Just relax, it will happen
How can I know for sure that it will happen and not waste more months waiting for nothing? It's been 5 months now and others waited for 7 months also for nothing. If I knew for sure that eventually they are gonna send me the AOR, I wouldn't bother or think about it, but unfortunately there is no guarantee

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
How can I know for sure that it will happen and not waste more months waiting for nothing? It's been 5 months now and others waited for 7 months also for nothing. If I knew for sure that eventually they are gonna send me the AOR, I wouldn't bother or think about it, but unfortunately there is no guarantee
It’s quite unfortunate how much time you’ve had wasted already by IRCC. I’d suggest that you send in a new application with the same payment receipt & include a letter in your application indicating that “you’ve decided to send in a new application as it’s been 5 months & you’ve not received AOR. So you’ve come to a conclusion that your application may have been lost. Ask that if by the time they open the new application, the old one has been acknowledged and is now in process that the new one be disregarded”.
Talking from personal experience and it worked for me. Good luck on your application!

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
It’s quite unfortunate how much time you’ve had wasted already by IRCC. I’d suggest that you send in a new application with the same payment receipt & include a letter in your application indicating that “you’ve decided to send in a new application as it’s been 5 months & you’ve not received AOR. So you’ve come to a conclusion that your application may have been lost. Ask that if by the time they open the new application, the old one has been acknowledged and is now in process that the new one be disregarded”.
Talking from personal experience and it worked for me. Good luck on your application!
Thank you for your reply. I will do that but I'm waiting after Christmas holidays, I thought it might be better as everyone is busy now

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

Any insight?
As they have confirmed that they have received your application just be patient and wait, No need to put in 2nd application.

Reactions: kushari