+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got my passport back

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
Congrats man !!!
some officer was just lazy for doing his/her job. How did they wanted you to know your Visa has been approved without any letter or email. They would have kept you in limbo and in darkness for ever. Lucky you asked for explanation on this forum. lol
They have decided on your application very quick though, just about 4 weeks right !! because someone sent his application to the same London office since May 17th and has not heard from them. Don't know what is happening there.

Well, with regards to the duration you will get to know at port of entry, the immigration officer will determine how long the permit will be but I don't think its going to be less than the duration of your study programme.
But hey man, why Canada? there are lots of 1st class school here in UK innit !!!!!! nah was just joking man.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azzy90 said:
i dont understand how long i have the visa for tho? :S
I think i did not understand ur question ...... but ......TRV ( Visa , or the stamp that they put on passport ) is jus the entry ....... how long u can stay would be determined by the landing paper u will get when u will enter Canada .....
I guess u already know that .........if ur TRV expires but ur landing paper is still valid u can live in Canada ....... but when u go out of Canada u canot enter again ........if u have to come back ....... then before leaving Canada you have to have to apply for a new TRV .............otherwise ur SkRuEd

so visa/TRV is entry landing paper is what they gave at port of entry to the country ( US/Canada ) and before that they ask u how long would u be studying ...... and u hav to present a letter that university sends ya ...........

Chill

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
okay u see the thing is i am new to all this, so what is trv/landing paper? they didnt even stamp my passport they just sent it back and an email today saying my application has been approved. So when i go to Canada, they will tell me how long i stay for? omg this is so confusin, why dont i have a stamp, is there going to be a problem at the airport now ?........................ and raj, yeah i applied for a study permit and perhaps i gave them everything that was needed and maybe they took into consideration that i need to get a million things sorted out lol

canada is aweesommmeeeeee (apparently) i mean i wanted a change man like british weather sucks, but i dont think canada is much different right? lol

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
I believe you call the customer service of immigration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

this will give you complete idea, you can ask them whatever quies you have.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azzy90 said:
okay u see the thing is i am new to all this, so what is trv/landing paper? they didnt even stamp my passport they just sent it back and an email today saying my application has been approved. So when i go to Canada, they will tell me how long i stay for? omg this is so confusin, why dont i have a stamp, is there going to be a problem at the airport now ?........................ and raj, yeah i applied for a study permit and perhaps i gave them everything that was needed and maybe they took into consideration that i need to get a million things sorted out lol

canada is aweesommmeeeeee (apparently) i mean i wanted a change man like british weather sucks, but i dont think canada is much different right? lol
If the approved ur visa ........ then u should hav a sticker on one of the pages ....... that sticker is called trv........trv tells u the time for which u can stay as well as enter and leave canada in between incase u need to .......

landing paper is just a conformation of landing .........
dont get into much confusion ....i think if they approved it ur good to go ....... dont be confused .....

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
but i dont have any sticker or trv or landing paper though and its hard to contact them as their phone machines are automated

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
congratz dear