+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got my passport back

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
Hi, i got my passport back from the London office last week, how long should it be before i get a reply from the office about whether i have my visa for studying in canada?

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
yeah im applying for a student visa for a year and i sent off my application june 1st, my passport got sent back alone last week, so i was just wondering if they have processed it now and how long will they take to get back to me? thanks

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have sent your application with supporting documents to the office then might be possible that your will have get your study permit.

Kindly share your uni/college information.

Best wishes

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
i have sent my application with all supporting documents, i was just confused why they sent my passport back alone, with no letter to indicate the progress of my visa, it also wasnt stamped, what does that mean?
I am hoping to study at Trent University in Canada

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
i didnt even write a cover letter and yes i did include a study plan, so would you know why they sent the passport back alone? or how long before i get a response?

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
Hi azzy90,
I think there is a problem/ a missed up somewhere so you need to contact them for an explanation. Because it is kinda weird for them to return only your passport without any letter or email message stating whether your application has been approved or refused.
I don't know your nationality, but if you are from a country that needs TRV (VISA) to travel to Canada and your permit has been approved, then they should have fixed the TRV in your passport before returning it to you. Secondly, even if you are from a country that does not need Visa to enter canada, and your permit is approved they should have still sent you an introduction letter to that effect because that's what you will have to show to the immigration officer at the port of entry in order to get your granted study permit fix in your passport.
So man, you need to contact them ASAP. and pls up date us on the outcome.

Best of luck.

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
Hey, i did try to contact them but there phones are automated i could not get directly to a person, i have also emailed them and still haven't got a reply. I sent my application to the visa office in London, as i am from the UK.

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
well, if you are a British national and you are using British passport, then you don't need VISA to travel to Canada. All you will need is the introductory letter with some sort of reference codes from the canadian High commission which you will present to an immigration officer at port of entry for your study permit to be affix into your passport (i.e if it has been approved).
I will suggest you double check your mail box well, including your spam mails, because based on the information I read on their website, they normally send the introductory letter through emails.
If there is nothing, you might have to wait for them to reply the email you just sent them. I think they will reply in couple of days, if not then I guess you must plan of going there yourself.
Which part of UK are you from?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013