+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Got It, now its Landing Time....!!

jacer

Apr 29, 2005
Illinois, USA
Hi Everyone.

Wanted to share my timeline, then, ask a few questions regarding Landing.

I'm an American woman, married to a Canadian gent. Everything, including all fee's, were done upfront.

Sent paperwork to Missassauga, Ontario, Sept, 2006.
Timeline for the Missassauga office was EXACTLY on target as per the CIC site,approx 30 days.
Paperwork recvd by Buffalo office, Nov 3rd.
Feb 4th, request for Passport.
STAMPED passport returned to me, within 1 week.!!

So, it took, exactly, 4 1/2 months, from beginning to finish for us....I am still in shock!!

I will be landing, by plane, at Pearson Airport, in Toronto.

Questions:

**Will be landing over Easter holiday weekend, so hopefully, they will have someone there to "process me"???

**I will be bringing my "goods to follow" list but will come back to the US a few days later. Ive heard that perhaps, that can be a problem?? I have to sell my house, get my things in order, so dont plan on coming back for several more months...

**Anyone care to share landing experiences at Pearson????

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful help here at this forum!!

Good luck to everyone..........

jacer

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jacer said:
Hi Everyone.

Wanted to share my timeline, then, ask a few questions regarding Landing.

I'm an American woman, married to a Canadian gent. Everything, including all fee's, were done upfront.

Sent paperwork to Missassauga, Ontario, Sept, 2006.
Timeline for the Missassauga office was EXACTLY on target as per the CIC site,approx 30 days.
Paperwork recvd by Buffalo office, Nov 3rd.
Feb 4th, request for Passport.
STAMPED passport returned to me, within 1 week.!!

So, it took, exactly, 4 1/2 months, from beginning to finish for us....I am still in shock!!

I will be landing, by plane, at Pearson Airport, in Toronto.

Questions:

**Will be landing over Easter holiday weekend, so hopefully, they will have someone there to "process me"???

**I will be bringing my "goods to follow" list but will come back to the US a few days later. Ive heard that perhaps, that can be a problem?? I have to sell my house, get my things in order, so dont plan on coming back for several more months...

**Anyone care to share landing experiences at Pearson????

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful help here at this forum!!

Good luck to everyone..........

jacer
1. Yes Immigration will be there.
2. It is no problem to "land' and then return to sort out your stuff, just make sure your goods to follow list is stamped by Customs.

PMM

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
I'm a provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and as per instructions in CoPR my final destination should be Haifax, Nova Scotia.

I'm from Pakistan and there are no direct flights to Halifax. Hence I know that i have to get connecting flight via Montreal/Toronto to Haifax.

Questions are:

1. How much time will the process of landing and immigration take on Montreal/Toronto airport.
2. At least how much time span should be between arrival flight in Montreal/Toronto & departure flight to Halifax?
3. What is maximum time span i can stay at Montreal/Toronto and then go to Halifax (with my tickets confirmed for Halifax)?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
The landing experience at Pearson is pretty much the same at all POEs, I believe. The difference comes with the SIN. You can get your SIN at Pearson, so there is one additional desk to go to - doesn't take long though.

Basically, you'll go straight to the processing area where ALL travelers queue for admission into the country - do not go to the citizen/PR queue. The first IO you see will begin your admission (declaration card), then direct you to the next stop, where your actual landing process will be done/completed. Within that same area is the desk that issues the SINs - you'll be pointed there after the landing has been completed, its less than 10 yards. From there, you'll be directed to customs where your "goods to follow" list will be processed - basically, CO briefly reviews and stamps, then points you to the cashier who gives you a receipt (which you MUST keep, unless you want pay taxes), then you return to the CO, who then points you to the exit, and you're done!

Piece of advice: make sure you have 2 copies of each list, otherwise you'll spend more time in customs and have an irritated CO ;D.

The whole process will take you an hour or less IF you're lucky not to find a queue.

PMM answered the other questions...

All the best

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
xohairtoo said:
I'm a provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and as per instructions in CoPR my final destination should be Haifax, Nova Scotia.

I'm from Pakistan and there are no direct flights to Halifax. Hence I know that i have to get connecting flight via Montreal/Toronto to Haifax.

Questions are:

1. How much time will the process of landing and immigration take on Montreal/Toronto airport.
2. At least how much time span should be between arrival flight in Montreal/Toronto & departure flight to Halifax?
3. What is maximum time span i can stay at Montreal/Toronto and then go to Halifax (with my tickets confirmed for Halifax)?
1. There is no fixed time for the landing process at any POE. Normally, the landing immigrant spends about 10-15mins with the IO (interview, stamping etc.), then about 10-15 for SIN (if available at your POE), then 10-20 with CO. So in total your looking at about an hour of face-to-face interaction with officers.

2. There is an obvious queue for first contact with an IO that triggers your landing process + the not so obvious queue of other landing immigrants where the landing process actually begins. Its advised to have 2 hours, at the least, before your connection flight. That said, once the IO realizes you have a connection flight they try to be quick with the process - my experience!

3. The maximum time is determined by the carrier/airline-of-choice operating the flight. It could be an hour (as was mine), 2hours, 4hour or even 8+hours. There is no standard time. You can choose whichever flight you feel gives you sufficient time to complete the landing process. The important thing is having a valid ticket, which is what gives you access to the terminal/gate.