+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got fake Job Offer Beware of this Consultant

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, if I understand you correctly I'm a liar?

Let me tell you our story....

After sending hundreds of applicationletters and resume and making hundreds of phonecalls to Canadian employers, we have managed to make 7 interview appointments.
We went on a 2 week trip to Canada, had all the interviews all over Ontario.
One employer had suggested he would like to hire my husband because of his specific skills, and we had another 3 interviews with him.
After those 4 interviews, he offered my husband a job.
This employer is expanding his business, and that's why he can wait such a long time for my husband to come and work for him!

So please, don't tell me we "bought" the joboffer because we worked hard for it to get it!
That's what I'm trying to say with: try to get the joboffer yourself!

In your home country you wouldn't let your grandma get a joboffer for you, don't you?
There you also will have to send applicationletters, resumes, make phonecalls and have an interview yourself, have to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this job and have to work hard for it!

The money we have spent on this trip wasn't spent on a fake consultant!
Our Canadian employer is a genuine one, did open all his financial books to SC and hasn't got anything to hide.
Will pay a normal salary and do meet all the requirements SC is asking for.
We call or e-mail each other every month, to talk things through and how the visa process is going.

So please, don't talk if every employer is a moneydigger or a fake.....

People would like to blame the consultants only, but you can also take a look at yourself and think: "Is this joboffer they promiss me too good to be true?"

Kind regards,
Louise!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louise-01 said:

After sending hundreds of applicationletters and resume and making hundreds of phonecalls to Canadian employers, we have managed to make 7 interview appointments.
One employer had suggested he would like to hire my husband because of his specific skills, and we had another 3 interviews with him.
This employer is expanding his business, and that's why he can wait such a long time for my husband to come and work for him!

So please, don't tell me we "bought" the joboffer because we worked hard for it to get it!

In your home country you wouldn't let your grandma get a joboffer for you, don't you?
There you also will have to send applicationletters, resumes, make phonecalls and have an interview yourself, have to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this job and have to work hard for it!

Our Canadian employer is a genuine one, did open all his financial books to SC and hasn't got anything to hide.
We call or e-mail each other every month, to talk things through and how the visa process is going.

People would like to blame the consultants only, but you can also take a look at yourself and think: "Is this joboffer they promiss me too good to be true?"

Kind regards,
Louise!
Well said Louise !!
I totally agree with you...!
We too had to work hard & are still working hard to maintain a relationship with our prospective employer, just so that he does not lose interest in hiring us. This lengthy process of first getting the AEO & then battling with the Visa Office for the FSW Visa is so long drawn that it takes so much effort on both the employee & the employer to keep the mutual interest alive.
& then we have to face this music all the time about the fake AEO's & the pre-conceived notions most people carry about AEO. Like said earlier, the genuine ones have to suffer due to the fake ones that have misused the AEO & led to this situation today.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Louise-01 said:

Kind regards,
Louise!
I do not remotely qualify to say or indicate anything like "Calling you a Liar". Please do not misunderstand. Your previous post did not indicate how you went about getting a genuine AEO. I apologize if any of what I said hurt you.

Having said that, what I indicated in my post, is the ground reality (barring a few employers of course). Moreover, its not easy for the applicants from the third-world countries to get a visit visa and have the luxury of scouting for jobs in Canada for an extended period of time. Airfare and expenses are exorbitant, with the uncertainty factor. I must say Kudos to you and your husband for being able to achieve what you did.

Regards

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx Yukon!
Finally someone who knows and understands what I'm talking about, and who is walking in the same shoes as I am! ;)

bsrk68, Apologies excepted! ;)

That's what I was trying to explain: people pay loads of money to hire a consultant and that money could also be spent on trying to find a job yourself.
It's a struggle to get a visa and it will cost you a lot of money, but at least you have tried it as hard as you could!
I am aware that people from third-world countries are having trouble getting an visit visa, but you can at least try it and spent the money on your own jobsearch then "giving it away" to some crooked consultant.
At least you will have a trip to Canada, can take a look around and actually see where you are going to live!
I know those consultants are promissing you the world, but you have to think clear and must understand that they can't give you a joboffer without seeing or speeking to your future employer!

I'm getting a bit frustrated about all the negative stories about getting an AEO, because those stories make you believe that all the employers who are giving joboffers to foreigners are fraudulent employers and all the employees are paying them to give them a joboffer!
There are a lot of us of who have worked very hard to get a joboffer, spent a lot of money to travel to Canada and are now screened and checked time after time because of those cheaters....

Ah well, seems like there's nothing left to do then waiting, waiting and waiting for CIO and CIC to recognise the genuine ones!

Kind regards,
Louise!

vital

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Can u clarify Vital, whether your AEO application was rejected at Service Canada Stage or at Visa Office stage after submission of application for FSW?
By Service Canada!

vital

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi Vital,

I am sorry to hear of your predicament. Did they provide some kind of fake job interview via telephone also?

Or if not did you actually expect that a Canadian employer would make an AEO to an immigrant and wait all that time for the PR to come through, having never even spoken to them?

I think a good case for being prudent before accepting such things is to ensure you have at least spoken to the prospective employer by telephone. But generally no employer is likely to employ an immigrant without a formal interview, certainly not if they are going to have to wait the best part of 12 months for them to start after AOE.

Wayne.

I never spoken to anyone through Phone just dependent on my consultant and he cheated me. What action I can take about him Please guide me.

Regards

vital

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louise-01 said:
Sorry to hear that!

That's why I advise: please, try to get a joboffer yourself instead of hiring a consultant to do it for you!
You are paying a lot of money that you could have spent yourself by going to Canada and find a job in a "normal" way....
No employer will hire you just by your applicationletter and some info a consultant is telling him/her.

I know, because we got the joboffer ourself and got approved after 30 weeks by SC.
Now it's "just" waiting and waiting for CIO to confirm it's a genuine one!!!!

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Louise!
I agree with you but people from the under develop country want to enter to develop country to make there life better and all are nor creamy layer so they take some type of risk before me lakhs of people like me take the risk and succeeded and some not that way the life move.

Regards

vital

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
It is virtually impossible to secure an AEO by yourself (unless you know someone personally). These are some reasons:

1. Job-Market is Recessive. There are hardly any "Genuine" AEOs except for some Cooks/Nurses
2. Employer won't wait for a year and half to fill a position
3. Employer has no time to support you with the plethora of documentation required to fulfill AEO criteria
4. Service Canada is taking longer and longer to approve AEOs
5. CIC can override the "Genuinity" of the job offer and determine that to be "Fake"

Now, if one doesn't fit into the "Elite Professions list", what does one do? You rightly said "you could have spent yourself by going to Canada and find a job in a "normal" way...."...but forgot to add "If you make it to Canada in a Normal Way". Most small "Employers" see the AEO as a method to make some fast bucks. Consultants in Canada offer them big bucks in exchange of Job Offers, and this cost is passed onto you. Its a game of Demand and Supply my dear Louise. Personally, I do not agree with AEOs and their methodology. Let me tell you, Canadian AEOs are 95% fake...whether you get them via a consultant OR get them yourself.
I agree with you!

Regards

vital

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What action I can take against this Consultant if he didn't return my money! Please guide me.

Regards

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
vital said:
What action I can take against this Consultant if he didn't return my money! Please guide me.

Regards
You must act as per your contract with your consultant. Usually there are refund policies indicated in there. Please read the contract fully and understand it, before taking any action. I would say first take up the matter with your consultant and if you do not get a suitable response (as per your agreement) you may escalate it to the body he/she is licensed under.

Hope this helps..

BillyG

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2010
AOR Received.
12/03/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Well said Louise01

I agree with you 100%. I haven't been to Canada like you, to meet prospective employers but make it a point to write and interact with employers and recruitment consultants based out of Canada every day by emailing them and calling them up. Calling them from India isn't the cheapest of options but they appreciate the effort and I have in writing from 2 employers that they would be ready to hire me once I land in Canada. A little bit of initiative and search does go a long way. People crib about not finding jobs. A little prior research will help a long way in easing the job worries once we land. Go to regional provincial websites and there you will find loads of information regarding prospective employers along with their names and addresses and telephone numbers. make use of it.

lot of resources are available.... please make use of it.

Cheers
BillyG

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
BillyG said:
Well said Louise01

I agree with you 100%. I haven't been to Canada like you, to meet prospective employers but make it a point to write and interact with employers and recruitment consultants based out of Canada every day by emailing them and calling them up. Calling them from India isn't the cheapest of options but they appreciate the effort and I have in writing from 2 employers that they would be ready to hire me once I land in Canada. A little bit of initiative and search does go a long way. People crib about not finding jobs. A little prior research will help a long way in easing the job worries once we land. Go to regional provincial websites and there you will find loads of information regarding prospective employers along with their names and addresses and telephone numbers. make use of it.

lot of resources are available.... please make use of it.

Cheers
BillyG
BillyG I think you totally missed the point of this thread. We are discussing AEOs and not "Having in Writing that Employers will hire you once you land". AEO is a procedure where the employers have to apply to HRSDC for approval of a firm and permanent job offer, which helps you qualify for FSW AEO. We aren't even talking about "People cribbing about not finding jobs". I still maintain that finding genuine AEOs to support your immigration application is very very very hard and near impossible for applicants from countries like India/Pakistan etc. to duplicate Louise's methodology, where even visit visas are terribly hard to come by.

pawpaw

Apr 7, 2011
Louise-01 said:

Kind regards,
Louise!
impressive!!

BillyG

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2010
AOR Received.
12/03/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi BSRK68,

I got the point of the thread. I was trying to make a point about not approaching consultants. I was saying that there are many resources available ... AEO is surely the most preferred route to getting employment but if employers are not ready to go thru HMRDC then it would make more sense to research and contact employers directly and see if they will give some feedback..... Thats all I was trying to say....:)

C