+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Sent on the 8th - probably after the 48 hours for everyone to confirm their appointment time period was over?
wow that was fast. you got yours within 3 business days! are you living in downtown? now Im thinking if we live in downtown, the mails are piled up so the delivery might take longer... i'm thinking about all possibilities.... I really hope mine arrives tmrw!

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
Ah that is the worst, I'm sorry!

Can I ask what date your email came and which province you are in?

I am dying to go home to check my mail. My call is in about 15 hours. :(
I am in Banff, AB, the email came in on Dec 1st, the Case Officer said they sent the COPR on Dec 5th but, unfortunately, the COPR didn't arrive until Dec 11th.

sawyerzhang

Dec 11, 2017
Can I just pretend that I have the COPR with me during the interview and sign it later when I receive it? Also why do I have to have the COPR with me during the interview...

Reactions: TempResident

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
wow that was fast. you got yours within 3 business days! are you living in downtown? now Im thinking if we live in downtown, the mails are piled up so the delivery might take longer... i'm thinking about all possibilities.... I really hope mine arrives tmrw!
its not even 3 days
just 2 business days... great

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Just wanted to share an update! I just called them again and spoke with an agent. He confirmed that my COPR has been sent out and was able to give me a tracking number. Although when I go to the Canada Post website I'm not able to track with it? (I think maybe you have to wait a while before you are able to track it?)

I questioned what would happen if it did not arrive in time for my telephone landing on the 15th. He said that the feedback they had gotten so far was that we are made to go through the call anyway regardless of if we have COPR or not. Then he said that he didn't know anything more as its still so new.

I'm crossing my fingers that mine now arrives before the 15th! :eek:

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Just wanted to share an update! I just called them again and spoke with an agent. He confirmed that my COPR has been sent out and was able to give me a tracking number. Although when I go to the Canada Post website I'm not able to track with it? (I think maybe you have to wait a while before you are able to track it?)

I questioned what would happen if it did not arrive in time for my telephone landing on the 15th. He said that the feedback they had gotten so far was that we are made to go through the call anyway regardless of if we have COPR or not. Then he said that he didn't know anything more as its still so new.

Yep I called just now too and the agent told me that it was mailed out on the 6th of December but she can't say to which address it was mailed. It's still sorta early so I will keep waiting and hope it arrives

boppity

Dec 11, 2017
Yes, am living downtown.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina

They mailed out today? What do you mean by this "we are made to go through the call anyway regardless of if we have COPR or not"? The applicant gets to confirm with the Officer all the details without CoRP?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
They mailed out today? What do you mean by this "we are made to go through the call anyway regardless of if we have COPR or not"? The applicant gets to confirm with the Officer all the details without CoRP?
I was told the same thing too that it's ok not to have the CoPR when going through the interview but i'll wait and see.

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
My interview is scheduled for tomorrow dec 13 as well.. bit worried thou. Recieved my copr today

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Yes, they confirmed that they had mailed my COPR today after my call with them this morning when they mentioned it was yet to be printed.

I don't know whether we get to confirm with the officer the details of the COPR if we don't have it. I took what the agent said to mean that we must answer and take the call even if we do not have the COPR and then they will tell us what to do.