+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a letter from ircc saying I was asked to attend an online interview through microsoft teams

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
Has anyone had similar experience ? my question is will you click on the link they left on the letter for you on the day of interview ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone had similar experience ? my question is will you click on the link they left on the letter for you on the day of interview ?
You can click before too. It will just keep you waiting as the host won't be there to allow you in for the meeting.

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
You can click before too. It will just keep you waiting as the host won't be there to allow you in for the meeting.
did you go through the same process ? I wonder how it went ? Would you possibly say a few words about it ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ I went through the Teams interview back when it was mandatory for all applicants, and this is correct. Took no more than 5 minutes.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
I got the email today for INVITATION TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE CITIZENSHIP KNOWLEDGE TEST AND AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICER. are you done with yours? if not when is yours scheduled?

Reactions: Omidahomie

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
^ I went through the Teams interview back when it was mandatory for all applicants, and this is correct. Took no more than 5 minutes.
You may have never been outside Canada 5 years before your application for citizenship

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
had you been outside Canada for a long time before you applied for citizenship then ?
No.

I have relatives who were called to an in-person interview--they were out of Canada for 2 years after their PR landing. Their interview also took 5 minutes.

Getting an interview request now may be related to program integrity/random checks if your application is straightforward. You will also be told at the end of the interview how it went.

Reactions: monikam