Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
I am first time landing in Canada as PR. I found two types of B4 form, I am bit confused, Pls tell me which form should I fill up for listing my accompany goods (or goods to follow)?

One is,

* Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Document (one page)

Another is,

* Form B4 eng (Settler, Former Resident, Seasonal Resident, or Beneficiary, two pages)

Pls send me the actual link I can download PDF form.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D You can down load B4 forms from this site:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/help-aide/topic-sujet/10-eng.html

The forms are self explanatory. On the B4 in the middle of the page, you should check the box if the list is for goods to follow. B4A is a continuation of B4. If the form is not sufficient for you,then attach additional list.

letsgoabroad

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
April, 2010
Med's Request
11 February, 2011
Med's Done....
17 February, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
wilson said:
:D You can down load B4 forms from this site:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/help-aide/topic-sujet/10-eng.html

The forms are self explanatory. On the B4 in the middle of the page, you should check the box if the list is for goods to follow. B4A is a continuation of B4. If the form is not sufficient for you,then attach additional list.
Thanks wilson. For more clear, if the B4 form is enough for me, should I still fill up B4a form? I mean if I bring 4types of goods (e.g clothes, cookeries, shoes, books etc), is it ok to use only 4 rows of B4 form? Or I have to write B4a to describe each and every goods. Pls clear me, I am still in blur.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:DHi,

You need to list the stuff in the B4 form if you carry a lot. Suppose you carry some clothings, books, cookeries etc with your 2 accompanied boxes and carry on bag ( within the allowed baggage allowance of the air lines ) you don't need to make an elaborated list.

Simply list like : ( I am only giving example)
clothing and shoes assorted - CAD 100/-
Books - CAD 50/-
Miscellaneous cookeries - CAD 100/-

That would be enough. In case the CBSA officer ask you about the contents of baggage you can mention you don't bring any costly stuff with you.

You need to list box / carton wise contents if you are sending any un-accompanied cargo shipment.

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
I am a Canadian citizen moving back to Canada after being in the US for 15 years. I am working on completing my B4 and B4A documents. On the Classification Type section, I am marking that I am a Former Resident and checking box 1. Do I need to complete box 3 and 4 also or is that only if I checked box 2?

Thanks in advance!

3DL1N

Jul 2, 2014
Hello everyone.

I would like to ask if only the principal applicant will fill up the B4 & B4A forms?
We are 4 in the family and I am the principal applicant.

Is it ok to declared like this? (sample only)
1) assorted men's clothing - 20CAD
2) assorted women's clothing - 20CAD
3) assorted children's clothing - 40CAD

Hoping for your response.

Thank you.