+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I found a way to get Canadian Experience, Network and a job!

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
I landed in Calgary recently and i am very grateful to all the advise from the bros in this group, you guys are awesome :D :D :D :D, i found a job in customer service in a telecommunication company which pays $16 and hour, i can also work over time and get paid $24, good survival job ;D ;D ;D

And i want to share with you something that i came across that i think each and everyone of us will consider very seriously.

As you all know, we have a problem when we move in Canada that we do not have job experience, so we have to start with a survival job :( :( :(, then try to upgrade our qualifications or work our way up. For people who need accreditation or licences, they have to do few extra stuff :eek: :eek: :eek:. However! I visited Mount Royal university in Calgary, and was asking about some courses, then found out they have a program starting in Jan 2015, its made specially for FSW. People who have education and experience, but lack Canadian experience. the difference between this program and lets say gov programs, that this one is only for experience FSW, who have the knowledge and the basic, but not aware of Canadian working culture and regulations. Or that's how i was told ;D

they basically "educate" you on the Canadian industry in Oil&gas or engineering...etc they do not teach us the basics because as FSW we have job experience, that's why we got the PR, so they just tell us how Canada is " different" and what we needed to know in terms of regulations, job skills...etc, in an intensive manner, they introduce us to professional recruiters and headhunter, while we are still in class, we can hand them our CV and they will tell us about which opportunities they have. They told me which recruiting company is going to attend the program to meet the FSW, and it turned out to be the biggest recruiting company in Calgary!

I asked the Lady i spoke too about the fees and the details, she asked me to check the website in December. I do not know about you guys, but i see this is a great opportunity for me because
1- I will get a Canadian certificate which i can add to my CV
2- I will get interviewed by a professional recruiters, and get a job within my qualification
3- Rather than paying money just to get a certificate and learn what i already know, in this course i will know exactly what i want about the Canadian industry i want to work in (Oil & Gas). I checked some "Certificate" programs in Oil and gas, and they just teach the basics, just like any university. But i already know the basics :( i have 7 years experience!

As and when i get the information sent to me ( they said they will email me) i will post here for all the bros, if you are in Calgary, check this program out :)

raj000m

Oct 5, 2014
Do they offer these courses online? if they do, i think its a good way to get a head start before moving, i just started my PR application process.

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
raj000m said:
Do they offer these courses online? if they do, i think its a good way to get a head start before moving, i just started my PR application process.
I am not 100% sure, but i will check for you .
Yeah, i think its a good idea to take it before you come to Canada, save your self some time.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
salmi105 said:
Yeah, i think its a good idea to take it before you come to Canada, save your self some time.
+1 for u Bro, nice info.. I am yet to receive my MR, so. I wanna knw if they offer d course online, as well as if the course can be done at a later stage, or wuld Jan 2015 be d only intakes? Will there be April 2015, sept 2015 etc??

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
Chingy said:
+1 for u Bro, nice info.. I am yet to receive my MR, so. I wanna knw if they offer d course online, as well as if the course can be done at a later stage, or wuld Jan 2015 be d only intakes? Will there be April 2015, sept 2015 etc??
Thanks Chingy, good luck with the MR! i hope you will get it very very soon ;)

To be honest you, i am not sure at this point if they will offer in different stages or just in Jan 2015. I will check that for you too.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
salmi105 said:

To be honest you, i am not sure at this point if they will offer in different stages or just in Jan 2015. I will check that for you too.
You rock Salmi. Hats off and +1 for you.

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
salmi105 said:

I called the lady i spoke to the other day, and she told me they will be offering it every semester starting in January 2015 :D :D :D :D

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
salmi105 said:
They said yes it will be offered online, if not in January, it will be in the following semester.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
salmi105 said:
I landed in Calgary recently and i am very grateful to all the advise from the bros in this group, you guys are awesome :D :D :D :D, i found a job in customer service in a telecommunication company which pays $16 and hour, i can also work over time and get paid $24, good survival job ;D ;D ;D

And i want to share with you something that i came across that i think each and everyone of us will consider very seriously.

As you all know, we have a problem when we move in Canada that we do not have job experience, so we have to start with a survival job :( :( :(, then try to upgrade our qualifications or work our way up. For people who need accreditation or licences, they have to do few extra stuff :eek: :eek: :eek:. However! I visited Mount Royal university in Calgary, and was asking about some courses, then found out they have a program starting in Jan 2015, its made specially for FSW. People who have education and experience, but lack Canadian experience. the difference between this program and lets say gov programs, that this one is only for experience FSW, who have the knowledge and the basic, but not aware of Canadian working culture and regulations. Or that's how i was told ;D

they basically "educate" you on the Canadian industry in Oil&gas or engineering...etc they do not teach us the basics because as FSW we have job experience, that's why we got the PR, so they just tell us how Canada is " different" and what we needed to know in terms of regulations, job skills...etc, in an intensive manner, they introduce us to professional recruiters and headhunter, while we are still in class, we can hand them our CV and they will tell us about which opportunities they have. They told me which recruiting company is going to attend the program to meet the FSW, and it turned out to be the biggest recruiting company in Calgary!

I asked the Lady i spoke too about the fees and the details, she asked me to check the website in December. I do not know about you guys, but i see this is a great opportunity for me because
2- I will get interviewed by a professional recruiters, and get a job within my qualification
3- Rather than paying money just to get a certificate and learn what i already know, in this course i will know exactly what i want about the Canadian industry i want to work in (Oil & Gas). I checked some "Certificate" programs in Oil and gas, and they just teach the basics, just like any university. But i already know the basics :( i have 7 years experience!

As and when i get the information sent to me ( they said they will email me) i will post here for all the bros, if you are in Calgary, check this program out :)
Good luck with the program and the job hunt!

Bobtheaccountant

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/09/2014 received 23/09/2014
Doc's Request.
Photo request received in Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER 10/01/2015
AOR Received.
(SLU : 24/07/2015)
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
File Transfer...
Jan/Feb
Med's Request
21/07/2015
Med's Done....
31/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/09/2015 - No passport required (no stamping needed)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued date 01/09/2015, COPR received 11/09/2015
LANDED..........
Not sure yet
salmi105 said:

Good one Salmi +1 for you. Do you know what is the online Web add for these courses please.

Thanks
BtA