+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I forgot to include Address history - horrible mistake !

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi

Today I submitted my PR (FSW) application but I realized I have done a horrible mistake which was obviously innocent and not intentional!

I lived in 3 countries in the past (moved across 5 different addresses), and I supplied the required Police Certification from all 3 countries as required. However, my bad I totally forgot about updating the actual "address history" section under Personal information!! Although I have put my current permanent address since birth , but I chose "No" to if I lived in other addresses (with the intention of course ..that I'll come back to the section later) SILLY ME!! I know!! And guess what? I forgot about updating the section later and never came back to it!!

After waiting for almost 5 years for this moment, my horrible silly mistake may put my application to rejection.

I followed up with a detailed Web Form and explained the situation and attached ALL my previous addresses and the address's correspondence period in a Word.document.

Do you think my application could be rejected even after supplying the missing information in the web form?

anyone in the same boat? Obviously I don't mean anyone is as dumb as me, but... yeah.. such a silly mistake!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi

Today I submitted my PR (FSW) application but I realized I have done a horrible mistake which was obviously innocent and not intentional!

I lived in 3 countries in the past (moved across 5 different addresses), and I supplied the required Police Certification from all 3 countries as required. However, my bad I totally forgot about updating the actual "address history" section under Personal information!! Although I have put my current permanent address since birth , but I chose "No" to if I lived in other addresses (with the intention of course ..that I'll come back to the section later) SILLY ME!! I know!! And guess what? I forgot about updating the section later and never came back to it!!

After waiting for almost 5 years for this moment, my horrible silly mistake may put my application to rejection.

I followed up with a detailed Web Form and explained the situation and attached ALL my previous addresses and the address's correspondence period in a Word.document.

Do you think my application could be rejected even after supplying the missing information in the web form?

anyone in the same boat? Obviously I don't mean anyone is as dumb as me, but... yeah.. such a silly mistake!
Although no one can say for sure, I’d say chances are you will be good since you have corrected your mistake immediately after submission. So there won’t be any doubt you weren’t trying to intentionally mislead them.

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi

Can you please tell how did your application go after submitting the webform. Similar issue happened on my PR card renewal application.

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Can you please tell how did your application go after submitting the webform. Similar issue happened on my PR card renewal application.
Hi Sunny,
It was accepted, and my application was updated with the new information in 5 business days. I'm now a full PR holder :)
I submitted a Webform with a document (Table format) showing all my previous Address(s). The table format could be as follows:
Full Address | Country | Dates (from MM/YYYY - to MM/YYYY ) | Occupation/Activity

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi Sunny,
It was accepted, and my application was updated with the new information in 5 business days. I'm now a full PR holder :)
I submitted a Webform with a document (Table format) showing all my previous Address(s). The table format could be as follows:
Full Address | Country | Dates (from MM/YYYY - to MM/YYYY ) | Occupation/Activity

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I did exactly the same.

24xlucid

Apr 15, 2024
Hi Sunny,

Hope this helps.
Hello! I know someone already asked this above me but i did the same stupid thing and im so pissed off!!! we're applying for pr through spousal sponsorship and i was just double checking the sponsorship documents after submitting and i just saw "personal history" section empty and i i didnt check "YES" on the visa refusal question as i was previously refused visa from the USA before. its specifically the IMM5669 online form and idk if i just forgot or a glitch happened. i submitted our application on saturday (April 13, 2024) and noticed the mistake today (April 15) so i immediately started researching and did the online webform, submitted the original IMM5669.pdf file with the complete information along with an explanation regarding my visa refusal. How long would ircc write back and to update or upload the document i send them? you mentioned it just took them 5 days to update information but im unsure if that is since you submitted the webform? some people are also saying it would take 30-40 days to get it updated since you submitted the webform, im not sure. did you wait for your AOR? i've also read online that i also should wait for AOR before submitting webform but i think thats a not good idea as they only release AOR if they confirmed that all the needed information are complete and that dont apply to me. ive just really been reallly worried and nervous as ive been wishing to get my pr for a long time and it would be just be smooth sailing after i submit the application but im just too stupid. hopefully ircc will receive the webform asap and get it updated asap.

ps. theres two webform websites and i would also want to know which one did you use? i personally used this link "https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application" though im not sure if i should do this one too "https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1"

Thank you so much!