+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I entered Canada as a worker, with no OEC, became a PR, will I have problems entering the Phils?

UrbanDeek

Jan 19, 2020
Hi, everyone! I entered Canada back in April 2018 as a caregiver. I exited through Malaysia as a tourist to avoid OEC documents. After one year, I became a PR through the short-lived Interim Pathway Program.

I'm planning to go home to the Philippines soon. I'm just wondering if my working visa will affect my entry (and possible exit) to the Phils. You see, when I was having my exit interview with the Philippine Immigration, they asked me what's my purpose to going to Malaysia, and I told them it's just for vacation. I also told him how many days I will stay there, when I will be coming home, and I also informed him that I will be coming home via Singapore. He asked about my working visa, but I told him that the job was already cancelled and I have no reason to go to Canada. I got an approval and my passport was stamped. Basically, they're expecting me to go home through Singapore in a week. They keyed it in their system. So, I went to Malaysia and headed to Canada through a connecting flight in HK.

Now my concern is this, will this pose as a problem if I go back home to the Phils? I'm already a PR but I'm still worried that when they see my working visa they might question me for exiting the Phils without an OEC, and might detain me and prevent me from coming back to Canada. My working visa is expiring June this year though, but still... Are there others in this portal who have the same situation as mine and got home to the Phils and flew back to Canada successfully? Thank you for those who will reply.