+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't get any score for my Canadian post grad certificate

zonur

Feb 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I created my profile in the system. I have B.Sc degree with WES credentials also, I studied here at a college for 1 year. the program was for degree holders and it is a post graduate 1 year certificate. the institute has DLI number. My understanding is I should get 15 points for this certificate program.

However, I didn't get any score in EE system and OINP stream.

I dont think I did a mistake. So I think it would be a good idea to send an email/webform to IRCC and Ontario

but first I would appreciate to hear your experience and suggestions

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Pls check this question.
Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?
It should answers "NO".

Reactions: zonur

zonur

Feb 7, 2021
That’s correct, it is NO
Pls check this question.
Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?
It should answers "NO".
I have checked it again and it was "YES" and I revised it as "NO". After submitting the application, I got my points accordingly. I really appreciated it thank you so much

May 20, 2023
If you believe there may be an error in the points calculation or your profile assessment, it's a good idea to reach out to the relevant immigration authorities directly. You can contact the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) through their official website or helpline. Similarly, for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), you can visit their website and look for contact information to inquire about your situation.

When contacting the authorities, it's helpful to provide all the relevant details and documentation regarding your educational qualifications, including the WES credential evaluation, the program you completed, and the DLI number. They will be able to review your case and provide you with the appropriate guidance and information regarding your points allocation.

It's always recommended to seek official advice and clarification from the immigration authorities to ensure accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific circumstances.

Sonamanbeh

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Nomination.....
28-09-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Med's Done....
24-11-2022
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2023
@zonur Do we get points if PG certificate course is done online or does it have to be in-person?
Depends on your period of study:
Quoting IRCC:

International students studying online from abroad or who submit a study permit application no later than August 31, 2022, will continue to be able to complete up to 100% of their program online without affecting their PGWP eligibility. However, study time completed from abroad starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of their post-graduation work permit, regardless of when a student began their studies.

The extension of temporary distance learning measures will affect those starting programs from September 1, 2022, to August 31, 2023. Specifically, these measures will apply:

1. No more than 50% of the credits earned can be completed outside Canada to remain eligible for a PGWP.
  2. Studies completed online from outside Canada starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of a future PGWP.
So if your program was during pandemic until Sep 1 2022, you can claim points for 100% online courses.

lily37

Apr 21, 2022
Depends on your period of study:
Quoting IRCC:

International students studying online from abroad or who submit a study permit application no later than August 31, 2022, will continue to be able to complete up to 100% of their program online without affecting their PGWP eligibility. However, study time completed from abroad starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of their post-graduation work permit, regardless of when a student began their studies.

The extension of temporary distance learning measures will affect those starting programs from September 1, 2022, to August 31, 2023. Specifically, these measures will apply:

1. No more than 50% of the credits earned can be completed outside Canada to remain eligible for a PGWP.
  2. Studies completed online from outside Canada starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of a future PGWP.
So if your program was during pandemic until Sep 1 2022, you can claim points for 100% online courses.
Thank you for the clarification