+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I did not appear for citizenship test

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
I did not appear for citizenship test.
Is it advisable to withdraw my application by sending letter ?

Thanks for input!
akhil

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
akhil said:

Thanks for input!
akhil
You don't want to reschedule the test?

Ray

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Contact the call-centre. As mentioned in another topic, I was informed that there is a new guideline that requires cases to be closed if an applicant doesn't show up for his oath. It might be that also the regulation regarding tests has changed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

akhil said:

Thanks for input!
akhil
1. If you didn't show up for the test and you don't have a reasonable reason, then CIC will cancel the application for you.
2. Read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob476B.asp

No-shows for a test and/or an interview with a citizenship official —New (effective September 3, 2013)

Prior to OB 476, applicants who could not attend their test and/or interview with CIC staff were scheduled for a second test/interview session or, in some cases, scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge. The first iteration of OB 476 introduced pilot procedures whereby an RQ was triggered if the applicant did not show up at two citizenship tests or interviews. This procedure is no longer in effect.

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe he is getting a better deal like American citizenship