Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Hi Everyone ,

I have been a regular visitor to this forum and quite amazed with the efforts and dedication people put in, Incredible, Hats off to all of you.

Well The first Time for Canadian Pr was in 2005 , Under the old rules and paid the fees submitted the documents, did IELTS twice to get the right score, got a File number in 2 months from CHC .This all happened in the 6 months of 2005 and thats it. After that nothing at all till now. I moved on from 2005 and traveled around the world, I basically not even bothered about Canadian PR. To be very honest of someone came up to me last year and would have said you PR id ready I wouldnt have taken it either. Then Things changed, I met my Fiancée in Late 2008, we are getting married shorty and she is a graduate from University of Bristish Columbia and spent 10 years in B.C.

So I thought its not a bad idea to apply under the new rules , as my profession is in one if the wanted occupation list. So found a consultant and lot of people advised me especially those fraud agents, that I cannot apply twice as its illegal and CHC reject both the application, I did-int listen to them and I have a good consultant, got his advise applied under the new law . Submitted the papers to CIO on 2nd week of feb 2011, received an email from CIO on the 24th March saying that the assessment is positive and they are transferring my file to the Visa Office. Now waiting for things to happen....Hopefully all goes well

what I want to say is if there is anyone who applied before june 2008, and still waiting and if you are qualified under the occupation list then just apply again , dont wait as both are different laws, once your new application is taken in by CIO the you can withdraw your old application . The most important things is when you are applying under the new law, In the application form there is a question which asks you Whether you have applied before for Canadian Immigration/ Have you been refused e.t.c, In that column just inform that you have applied under the old law and mention your old File No

This is my first post and surely it wont be my last

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, really short narration. first you were working for love and now love is working for you and you are finally, willingly or unwillingly drawn to Canada.

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
explorer101 said:
Congratulations, really short narration. first you were working for love and now love is working for you and you are finally, willingly or unwillingly drawn to Canada.
Hi Explorer 101,

Thanks, Sorry i was too excited and hit the wrong button :) posted only half the message. Now i think its complete

cheers

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
All the Best andreagail999 :)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is always good to send in a new application if you qualify in the new NOC list, it will be processed much faster, especially for pre 28 Feb 2008 applicants (SAP).

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiring story.

God Bless..

Cheers...

L

losing hope

andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

I have been a regular visitor to this forum and quite amazed with the efforts and dedication people put in, Incredible, Hats off to all of you.

Well The first Time for Canadian Pr was in 2005 , Under the old rules and paid the fees submitted the documents, did IELTS twice to get the right score, got a File number in 2 months from CHC .This all happened in the 6 months of 2005 and thats it. After that nothing at all till now. I moved on from 2005 and traveled around the world, I basically not even bothered about Canadian PR. To be very honest of someone came up to me last year and would have said you PR id ready I wouldnt have taken it either. Then Things changed, I met my Fiancée in Late 2008, we are getting married shorty and she is a graduate from University of Bristish Columbia and spent 10 years in B.C.

So I thought its not a bad idea to apply under the new rules , as my profession is in one if the wanted occupation list. So found a consultant and lot of people advised me especially those fraud agents, that I cannot apply twice as its illegal and CHC reject both the application, I did-int listen to them and I have a good consultant, got his advise applied under the new law . Submitted the papers to CIO on 2nd week of feb 2011, received an email from CIO on the 24th March saying that the assessment is positive and they are transferring my file to the Visa Office. Now waiting for things to happen....Hopefully all goes well

what I want to say is if there is anyone who applied before june 2008, and still waiting and if you are qualified under the occupation list then just apply again , dont wait as both are different laws, once your new application is taken in by CIO the you can withdraw your old application . The most important things is when you are applying under the new law, In the application form there is a question which asks you Whether you have applied before for Canadian Immigration/ Have you been refused e.t.c, In that column just inform that you have applied under the old law and mention your old File No

This is my first post and surely it wont be my last

We have the same story...under old law..i applied 2007...received positive response and no news after...after 3years,last year the embassy sent me a letter,advising me to withdraw my first applicaton ang apply again under new instruction and they will file me on the priority list
. So i did.

Started application last year again..receive positive assessment on May 12 last year,the from CEM on July.then medical on October...until now still waiting for my PPR.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
losing hope said:
We have the same story...under old law..i applied 2007...received positive response and no news after...after 3years,last year the embassy sent me a letter,advising me to withdraw my first applicaton ang apply again under new instruction and they will file me on the priority list
. So i did.

Started application last year again..receive positive assessment on May 12 last year,the from CEM on July.then medical on October...until now still waiting for my PPR.
Well, I guess you have been very lucky to have applied to Manilla.
London office never informed people like me and many others about it. I qualified for the 0213, IT Managers with 4 years experience, family in Canada, heavy bank balance already in Canada, IELTS of 8.5 etc and I am still waiting since 2007 for a document update letter and now I am thinking of withdrawing.
God Bless the Officer's in Manilla office for being fair, honest and helpful to people like you.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine have similar story as applied earlier in pre Feb 2008 (SAP FSW) but the earlier one was rejected before getting the First AOR of the current one (FSW-1, MI-1, 38 category). Got refunded and used the fund later for the current application. During my Interview (current application) VO asked about my earlier application and I just confessed of having rejected. My E cas previously was showing 2 application information under either of B file number but later (after the interview) the earlier one taken off... So its no harm doing multiple application (they have every scope to match and detect by date of birth, country of origin, surname) as long as there is provision to do so under different rules.

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
losing hope said:
. So i did.

I am very Glad that your VO is pretty good and guided you accordingly, My previous office wont even pick up the phone :)

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Hello oeveryone! my husband has a FSW application last june 2005, and at the later of 2008, they offered us to refund the application fees, we just continue our application and now there is still no news about it, last 2008 i got a job offer here in canada and now we are applied for PR in canada and still waiting, i dont know what will happen with my husband's application any advise?

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations andreagail999 and losing hope . Good to know things finally working out for both of u. :)

sorna

Mar 30, 2011
Perseverance is the key here. I had to apply again as well, for me it took three times.

I initially submitted the application in 2008. I wanted to help the people who process the application :) and I marked down the NOC numbers next to each job history. They changed the list of occupations in demand in Nov 2008, and eventually my application got rejected.

However, I realized one of my past job could also be classified under a different NOC that was still under the accepted list. I reapplied with that NOC. In the application I mentioned the previous file number and I explained the reason for reapplying.

There was no feedback for sometime. When I inquired about the application, I came to know that the embassy had sent a letter requesting me to submit the full documents. But the letter was lost somehow. By this time my application was also expired and I was advised to re-apply.

I made the 3rd application in November 2009. And now I have received my landing documents and making arrangements for my migration. :D

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing Sorna. Best of luck for the future. Am happy for you.

Leo

sorna said:
Perseverance is the key here. I had to apply again as well, for me it took three times.

I initially submitted the application in 2008. I wanted to help the people who process the application :) and I marked down the NOC numbers next to each job history. As they changed the list of occupations in demand in Nov 2008 and eventually my application got rejected.

However, I realized one of my past job could also be classified under a different NOC that was still under the accepted list. I reapplied with this that NOC. In the application I mentioned the previous file number and I explained the reason for reapplying.

There was no feedback for sometime. When I inquired about the application, I came to know that the embassy had sent me a letter requesting me to submit the full documents. But the letter was lost somehow. By this time my application was also expired and I was advised to re-apply.

I made the 3rd application in November 2009. And now I have received my landing documents and making arrangements for my migration. :D