+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied online for a new PR card after the current one nearing expiration but had to urgently leave before it was ready

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I plan on asking for a PRTD to come back to Canada, but should I contact IRCC to inform them I left ? (I also applied for citizenship and already informed them about me leaving).

The online "Permanent Residence Portal" shows application status as "Submitted" (I have no application number or any status change that leads me to believe the application processing didn't start yet. I initially planned on telling them once I got application number but I applied mid August and still nothing.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I plan on asking for a PRTD to come back to Canada, but should I contact IRCC to inform them I left ? (I also applied for citizenship and already informed them about me leaving).

The online "Permanent Residence Portal" shows application status as "Submitted" (I have no application number or any status change that leads me to believe the application processing didn't start yet. I initially planned on telling them once I got application number but I applied mid August and still nothing.

Thanks
If you are leaving for more than a short vacation yes you must send a webform/update your address to provide your current address for PR card renewal.

Reactions: SuperMongoose