+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for PR (With AEO) on 19th Nov'08, when will I get File No?

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Hi There!

I couriered my application for PR, with a "Positive Arranged Employement Opinion" to the Canadian High Commission at New Delhi on 19th Nov'08.

I think there is no way I can have any information on the status of my file without getting the "Immigration File No." from the High Commission.

- Can anyone here advise me on the time the High Commission takes to send the file number to its applicants?
- Also, what more does the letter (with the File No. information) carry, as my application is supported by Arranged Employment

Thanks in advance!!

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Hello Santosh .
Can'You give some informations to help me about the time of geting AEO.How long dit it take on Your case.
Thank You

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Hi cimi,
depends on who does it & also your work profile. My profile-Sales & Marketing. I got it in abt 9 months, cud well have got in 3-4 months. Depends on how quick u get ur Job Offer & how soon u file for AEO at Service Canada (i.e. HRSDC)

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
aghijan said:
You can visit www.trackitt.com and see who is in the same situation as you.
Thanks for the reply,,could you pls also tell me, how long does it take to get PR Visa in an AEO supported case, specially after the new guidelines announced on 28th Nov'08,,?

Thanks again!!

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
Hi Santosh. AOR means "Immigration File No" usually comes in a four week time and the total process with AEO takes about 13 to 15 months. You should confirm it from other members also.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
KBS123 said:
Hi Santosh. AOR means "Immigration File No" usually comes in a four week time and the total process with AEO takes about 13 to 15 months. You should confirm it from other members also.
Thanks KBS123,
Total Process means time taken from filing the application (at Canadian High Commission) to getting a Visa?

apatel79

Dec 2, 2008
hi ,
I am anil patel from USA. i am also plan to apply for PR within 15 days? so can you guide me about documentation? and about job? i think you got a job letter from Canada? can i get job letter? i am a indian pharmacist. i am doing my master in pharmaceutical maufacturing. but i can not find a job in USA / CANADA. so please help me.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
apatel79 said:
hi ,
I am anil patel from USA. i am also plan to apply for PR within 15 days? so can you guide me about documentation? and about job? i think you got a job letter from Canada? can i get job letter? i am a indian pharmacist. i am doing my master in pharmaceutical maufacturing. but i can not find a job in USA / CANADA. so please help me.
Dear Mr. Patel,
Please check Service Canada site for the 38 Occupations List, I think your occupation is there in the list as well, but im not sure. But you need to have a minimum of 1 year post-qualification experience.

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Santosh

You will get ur AOR with Medical request with in 1.5 month after applying. Atleast I got it after 1.5 months with medical reuest along with prrof of funs and travel form request. but noo information afterwards . i had applied in aug 2008. got aor with medical request in sep and no information afterwards.

best of luck for u.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
PUNJAB BOY said:
and then there will he holidays in cic delhi in dec so u will get it in jan 09. i think
Dear Punjab Boy (& everyone else too!!),

I got my file no. today. But it has nothing else, only the confirmation of the payment (of Visa Fees) in it,,!!

3 queries here!!
- 1. Why no mention of further documents request and/or medicals?
- 2. When you got intimation for medicals, what exactly was that like, I mean,,did they ask you to go for medicals then,,that means ur process is almost complete!!

- 3. Did you also have an "Arranged Employment Opinion" to support ur application? Seems like you had AEO, (for you to get medicals instruction so quick!)

Dec 23, 2008
Santosh2000 said:
Hi There!

I couriered my application for PR, with a "Positive Arranged Employement Opinion" to the Canadian High Commission at New Delhi on 19th Nov'08.

I think there is no way I can have any information on the status of my file without getting the "Immigration File No." from the High Commission.

- Can anyone here advise me on the time the High Commission takes to send the file number to its applicants?
- Also, what more does the letter (with the File No. information) carry, as my application is supported by Arranged Employment

Thanks in advance!!