+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for a Conference that starts on the 1 to 4 May

affue patrick

Jul 4, 2018
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is fine and I pray for success to you all. Please I submitted my application on the 26th January and did biometrics on the 30th January. It’s one moth now since I submitted, please does anyone have an idea when I’ll be call since my conference I have to attend starts on the 1 of May . I will be grateful for your help and advice .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is fine and I pray for success to you all. Please I submitted my application on the 26th January and did biometrics on the 30th January. It’s one moth now since I submitted, please does anyone have an idea when I’ll be call since my conference I have to attend starts on the 1 of May . I will be grateful for your help and advice .
Where did you apply from. What is the conference? Are you a speaker?

affue patrick

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks for your response, I applied from Cameroon, am not a speaker. I attended the first conference here in Cameroon and the second comes up in Canada which my company is sending me to still attend.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response, I applied from Cameroon, am not a speaker. I attended the first conference here in Cameroon and the second comes up in Canada which my company is sending me to still attend.
Processing from Cameroon is around 150 days so you are within processing times. No way to expedite so all you can do is wait.

sg125

Mar 17, 2022
Hello Everyone you will help me for your advice ,I submitted my application on the 1st of December 2023 and did biometrics on previous visa application. It’s 106 days now since I submitted, please does anyone have an idea when I’ll be call since my conference I have to attend starts on the 16 of April . I will be grateful for your help and advice . I am the speaker of the International conference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your application will likely be flagged out of concern that you are planning to claim asylum. Claiming that you are attending a conference is a common way people tempt to claim asylum but it je a well know technique so most applications are denied unless you can show that you are not just attending the conference but have more involvement. Is you employer paying for all the costs associated with this conference? Are you presenting at this conference? Have you traveled internationally before and to where? Is this conference available elsewhere in the world and is there a specific reason you have to attend this specific conference?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone you will help me for your advice ,I submitted my application on the 1st of December 2023 and did biometrics on previous visa application. It’s 106 days now since I submitted, please does anyone have an idea when I’ll be call since my conference I have to attend starts on the 16 of April . I will be grateful for your help and advice . I am the speaker of the International conference.

If you are a speaker would have the conference reach out to IRCC.