+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

Ontario Journey

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi bsrk68,

I just discovered today this thread that you have put up and I find it very interesting and helpful! You're really such a nice guy and a God's blessing to us, new and would-be immigrants. I'm so happy to discover this thread and it's just perfect timing! I deemed it perfect timing because of two (2) reasons:

1. Our application for PR is already on the "in-process" stage and we've done our medicals just 2-weeks ago. If the trend continues, we may be able to get our visa in less than 4-months!

2. As we are already in the homestretch of getting our visa, my only relative in Canada, who initially promised to accommodate me and my family and help us upon our arrival, has turned her back and changed her mind. I thought everything is falling into places until this situation came along..

Item 1 is more of a good news while item 2 is a concern. With no relative (nor friends) to guide us in a country (specifically in a province that I wish - Toronto) we haven't been to is definitely a concern to me, for many weeks now actually. But stumbling upon your thread, it opens the ray of hope not only for me but also to those with similar situations as mine. Honestly, other threads are equally helpful and certainly informative, but for me this thread is the best! I can feel your sincerity of helping others..

Well, I'd just like to thank you for opening your heart and mind for all of us here in this forum. No questions yet from me as of now, since most questions that linger in my mind previously have already been answered by yours, capt. Qorax, Explorer101, and the rest (pardon for the sudden generalization). ;) You all are really magnificent! It's quite funny to think that a stranger does more good than a relative especially when the going gets tough..

Again, thank you very much... I hope you won't mind if I ask for some advice in the coming days/weeks once our visa has firmed up. May your God bless you always..

OJ

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Ontario Journey said:
Hi bsrk68,

I just discovered today this thread that you have put up and I find it very interesting and helpful! You're really such a nice guy and a God's blessing to us, new and would-be immigrants. I'm so happy to discover this thread and it's just perfect timing! I deemed it perfect timing because of two (2) reasons:

1. Our application for PR is already on the "in-process" stage and we've done our medicals just 2-weeks ago. If the trend continues, we may be able to get our visa in less than 4-months!

2. As we are already in the homestretch of getting our visa, my only relative in Canada, who initially promised to accommodate me and my family and help us upon our arrival, has turned her back and changed her mind. I thought everything is falling into places until this situation came along..

Item 1 is more of a good news while item 2 is a concern. With no relative (nor friends) to guide us in a country (specifically in a province that I wish - Toronto) we haven't been to is definitely a concern to me, for many weeks now actually. But stumbling upon your thread, it opens the ray of hope not only for me but also to those with similar situations as mine. Honestly, other threads are equally helpful and certainly informative, but for me this thread is the best! I can feel your sincerity of helping others..

Well, I'd just like to thank you for opening your heart and mind for all of us here in this forum. No questions yet from me as of now, since most questions that linger in my mind previously have already been answered by yours, capt. Qorax, Explorer101, and the rest (pardon for the sudden generalization). ;) You all are really magnificent! It's quite funny to think that a stranger does more good than a relative especially when the going gets tough..

Again, thank you very much... I hope you won't mind if I ask for some advice in the coming days/weeks once our visa has firmed up. May your God bless you always..

OJ
Hey thanks for your kind words. There's immense help available via this forum and these selfless seniors are unbelievable.....they will not leave you in a mid-sea, no worries there. If item 1 is good news, item 2 should be the least of your worries.You should get in touch with us atleast 2 months prior to landing, so we can make all arrangements. And by all means, shoot a PM whenever you have a query. I am happy that you are finding most of the answers here.

And now please put a huge smile, because you have almost made it. :) :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend was in a situation like you when she was in her early stage of pregnancy. Her relative in Toronto agreed to accommodate her initially but then also turned her back. Without friends and relatives, she went to Vancouver to give birth and it was okay. She's still living in Vancouver with her son.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
miranda said:
Hi bsrk68

Salute to you for your wonderful gesture to help immigrants who are suddenly seeing themselves in a whirlwind of activities.
May God bless you.

I need to get a driving license. I am in Scarborough till 31st August & thereafter I move to Dansforth Avenue. Can you suggest
how & where I should take my driving classes?

Miranda
Thanks Miranda. You should enroll in a driver's program and they will assist you to obtain a DL. Further, this course will help you reduce your insurance premiums when you buy a car.

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
bsrk68 said:
Thanks Miranda. You should enroll in a driver's program and they will assist you to obtain a DL. Further, this course will help you reduce your insurance premiums when you buy a car.
Dear Bsrk,

i have left hand D/l for more than 24months , will i directly get G2 license? do i still need to go fr the driver's programme?
am a good driver and can get leeter of my driving exp fr my present country..pls advise

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
montu said:
Dear Bsrk,

i have left hand D/l for more than 24months , will i directly get G2 license? do i still need to go fr the driver's programme?
am a good driver and can get leeter of my driving exp fr my present country..pls advise
If you are fully licensed in the US or UK, you will get a direct G2. From any other country, you will have to go through the graduate licensing program in Ontario, with stages of G1, G2 and G. Driver's program is not essential, but very helpful to get a quicker test date, practice and biggest of all, helps reduce your insurance costs when you buy a car. I highly recommend it. It is not very expensive too ($250-300).

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
sagara said:
Dear friend

we are a samll family of 3 myself,wife and kid. we received PR and expect to land in october and stay for 2 months
then we return within 2 months and after 6 months we go back to canada on permanant basis.
To stay the 2 months period we like to stay in a place with one large bedroom and shared kithchen and living room
we like to spend about 600-800 $
Try any basement apartment within that range. Some are really nice.

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
bsrk68 said:
If you are fully licensed in the US or UK, you will get a direct G2. From any other country, you will have to go through the graduate licensing program in Ontario, with stages of G1, G2 and G. Driver's program is not essential, but very helpful to get a quicker test date, practice and biggest of all, helps reduce your insurance costs when you buy a car. I highly recommend it. It is not very expensive too ($250-300).
Hi Bsrk,

i hold oman D/l and international d/L .we have left driving there. u think it will not help to get st g2?
regards
kush

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
mayankpandya said:
Dear Bsrk68,

Its really nice that you come forward to help. Can you please suggest what will be the best place to live for indian in Toronto with cost-effective & access to all facilities.

How should one find accommodation while in INDIA ?

Please suggest ...

Regards
Mayank
Hi Mayank,

You will have to contact someone you know in Canada who can assist you finding a temp accommodation. After landing, you can look for something permanent. An area called "Malton" in Mississauga is an excellent place to live in the first couple of years of landing in Toronto. Its close to the airport, all facilities at your door-step, somewhat safe, ethnic grocery, cheaper accommodation and readily available, easy access to the City, lots of places of worship and access to community centres, including Service Canada. Wish you all the luck my friend.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
montu said:
Hi Bsrk,

i hold oman D/l and international d/L .we have left driving there. u think it will not help to get st g2?
regards
kush
Yes, it will reduce the wait time for the road test. You still have to get a G1 first (written exam and vision test).

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
ehdgar said:
Hi there!

Could you please tell me if its easy to get jobs for me and my wife in Calgary, I am a Chef worked in the US and my wife is a restaurant manager. Thanks a lot and God bless!
Yes very easy....no problems for Chefs and Restaurant personnel.

canhope

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Submitted on 21-10-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011 ...PPs sent 18/5 to LN from Dxb
VISA ISSUED...
"DM" 14 June, PP Rcvd back 27th June in Dxb
LANDED..........
Landed in Sep, 2011 by G-d's grace
Hi bsrk68,

Nice to see you here again.

It would be great if you could just see my PM in your inbox and reply in PM

Thanks

bsrk68 said:
Yes very easy....no problems for Chefs and Restaurant personnel.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
canhope said:
Hi bsrk68,

Nice to see you here again.

It would be great if you could just see my PM in your inbox and reply in PM

Thanks
Pls resend it. My PM box has accumulated 1000s of mails, cos I didn't delete for a long time...sorry :)

canhope

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Submitted on 21-10-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011 ...PPs sent 18/5 to LN from Dxb
VISA ISSUED...
"DM" 14 June, PP Rcvd back 27th June in Dxb
LANDED..........
Landed in Sep, 2011 by G-d's grace
bsrk68 said:
Pls resend it. My PM box has accumulated 1000s of mails, cos I didn't delete for a long time...sorry :)

Thanks for that.

I just sent it again. Kindly check when you are free.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
canhope said:
Thanks for that.

I just sent it again. Kindly check when you are free.
Replied..