+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
niwrrehs said:
hi BSRK68
how about for a filipino registered nurse for toronto. do i need to study for me to get toronto nursing license? or some short course only? hows the bridging program? help plssss. Thanks

Canada has had a publicly funded system of hospital and medical care since 1968. The majority of nurses work within the publicly funded sector of health care, a minority work in the private sector and a small number of nurses are self-employed. Because health is a provincial jurisdictional area, the health care delivery system is not centralized and there is no one place where nurses can apply for work. They must apply directly to individual employers. The Canadian Healthcare Association publishes a large directory that lists and gives addresses for hospitals, health centres, nursing homes, health associations and health education programs. This directory may be available through a public library or Canadian Consulate.

The nursing employment situation in Canada is improving after several years of health care restructuring and hospital downsizing. Nurses with skills and experience in specialty areas (e.g., emergency, critical care and operating room) and those willing to work in smaller communities or isolated communities are in the most demand. The Canadian Nurses Association is predicting a continued shortage of nurses for the future.

Unlike many other countries the registration of nurses does not occur at the national level. In order to practise nursing you must be licensed or registered in the province or territory in which you will work. You can request application forms from your provincial or territorial regulatory body.Canadian provinces and territories, with the exception of Québec, require that you write the Canadian Registered Nurses Examination as part of the registration or licensure process. At present, this examination can only be written in Canada on the recommendation of a provincial or territorial nurses association. The Canadian Nurses Association publishes CNA’s Canadian Registered Nurse Examination Prep Guide will help you prepare for the exam. Québec nurses have their own exam.

You require language proficiency to become registered or licensed in Canada. Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset. Candidates must have knowledge of French to practice in Québec. In New Brunswick, Manitoba and Ontario, candidates must be proficient in either French or English. Employment and nursing education programs for unilingual French speaking nurses are available in Québec and in certain areas in New Brunswick, Manitoba and Ontario. In these provinces the Canadian RN exam may be written in either French or English. In the other provinces and territories require proficiency in English .

In Canada, registered nurses provide psychiatric/mental health services in a variety of settings. These nurses often have post-basic education and may also hold Canadian Nurses Association's specialty certification in psychiatric/mental health nursing. Registered mental health nurses from other countries may not have the broad education required for licensure as a registered nurse in Canada. So if you are in these areas, some courses may be required.

I have a friend who specializes in Nursing Placements in Canada. Let me know if you require his assistance and I will connect you directly with him.

Best Wishes and safe landing.

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
niwrrehs said:
hi BSRK68
how about for a filipino registered nurse for toronto. do i need to study for me to get toronto nursing license? or some short course only? hows the bridging program? help plssss. Thanks
don't mind me answering your question, im a filipino nurse too. i arrive here in mississauga (greater toronto area) last july 2010. bridging program depends on your education and experiences.. what i did was, i applied for an assessment for a registered practical nurse... i got the eligibility and before they changed the assessment fee for nurses from $173 to $670 i took the chance also to be assessed as a registered nurse...

i never expected that i would be eligible to take the exam for registered nurse. i guess they gave me the eligibility because i have a masters degree.... bridging program usually 1 year to 2 years... tuition is about $5000 to $6000 per year..

kit

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
to BSRK68 and kiko kit:

wonderful people like who are willing to help future migrants ease the apprehensions of settling in canada are beyond compare! ;D ;D ;D

hope you will continue to be there for us, patiently answering queries and sharing information unselfishly....

may God bless you both! have a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year! :D :D :D

drhabib

Feb 22, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
14-10-2010
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
may be by the end of march
Firstly, I must thank you for your generous help through this thread. I am a physician and currently working as GP. I know that getting registration as GP in Canada is a lengthy and tough procedure. I heard that, many of the immigrant physicians are working in medicine allied subjects like Research assistant, Physician Assistant, therapist etc. do you have any knowledge regarding the required qualifications and availabilities of those jobs in Toronto?
I would be glad, if you could give me an idea regarding monthly expenses in Toronto. I have a family consists of four – me, my wife and my two kids who are 4 years and 1 years old.
Regards

konda

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
02-02-2010
AOR Received.
first AOR on 01-02-2010,second on 21-05-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-10-2010
hi bsrk,
its good to see ur postings
i am a pharmacist and finished masters in pharmacology and worked as an asst. proffesor in hyderabad.
can u help me in hunting jobs in canada in my field?
if u know any placements agency in pharmacy field please give those details

hardeep330

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
Dear BSRK68...Thanks a lot for your kind support..

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
kikokit said:
don't mind me answering your question, im a filipino nurse too. i arrive here in mississauga (greater toronto area) last july 2010. bridging program depends on your education and experiences.. what i did was, i applied for an assessment for a registered practical nurse... i got the eligibility and before they changed the assessment fee for nurses from $173 to $670 i took the chance also to be assessed as a registered nurse...

i never expected that i would be eligible to take the exam for registered nurse. i guess they gave me the eligibility because i have a masters degree.... bridging program usually 1 year to 2 years... tuition is about $5000 to $6000 per year..

kit
Thanks Kit, that was valuable information to our readers as well. Good luck in your profession.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
hardeep330 said:
Dear BSRK68...Thanks a lot for your kind support..
Thanks Hardeep. In Canada, one cannot really do enough when trying to help each other. Its a tough country for Immigrants.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
peanuts said:
to BSRK68 and kiko kit:

wonderful people like who are willing to help future migrants ease the apprehensions of settling in canada are beyond compare! ;D ;D ;D

hope you will continue to be there for us, patiently answering queries and sharing information unselfishly....

may God bless you both! have a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year! :D :D :D
And thanks for your support. You can bet I will be there in my little capacity to help whomsoever I possibly can. Its unfortunate that I got some unpleasant PMs when I could not answer a specialized question beyond the scope of my knowledge. I do not mean to offend anyone if I cannot address your specific concern and I hope people understand that. Happy 2011 and beyond for you and your family too !!

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
bsrk68 said:
Hi Humsafar,

This is not my domain, but I will try to answer your question to the best of my limited ability. Yes you will need a LLQP certification to practice Insurance in Canada. See the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LLQP
http://www.thetrainingcentre.ca/faq.html
http://www.durhamcollege.ca/llqp/main.php?lang=eng

Having said that, since your qualifications are near apex in your country, you might be eligible to directly write the exam. Please approach Durham College for the same. Also try to get your qualifications accredited at World Education Services (link below) before you land here...to get a head start.

http://www.wes.org/application/apply_now.asp

I have no knowledge on the pay structure, but can definitely say from what I heard from others, it is very very good.

Best wishes
Thanks BSRK, I appreciate your reply. I know Insurance in not a common field, it is dificult to get the hand on experience untill you find an insurance man himself.
;D

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
drhabib said:
Firstly, I must thank you for your generous help through this thread. I am a physician and currently working as GP. I know that getting registration as GP in Canada is a lengthy and tough procedure. I heard that, many of the immigrant physicians are working in medicine allied subjects like Research assistant, Physician Assistant, therapist etc. do you have any knowledge regarding the required qualifications and availabilities of those jobs in Toronto?
I would be glad, if you could give me an idea regarding monthly expenses in Toronto. I have a family consists of four – me, my wife and my two kids who are 4 years and 1 years old.
Regards
Like I mentioned before, I am totally biased towards the Healthcare Profession. Its Noble, Pays Well and there are no dearth of jobs in Canada after you get all your accreditions. Yes I will put it out in this forum, and maybe to the chagrin of many......If you are a Doctor from outside Canada, the Canadian Medical Association can go to any length to ensure you do not obtain the necessary accreditions to practice here. It is a tight knit group and they usually don't like to dilute the market. Strange are the ways here. EVERY SINGLE HOSPITAL IS REELING FROM SHORTAGE OF DOCTORS....BUT HEY...WHO CARES ?? This is the stark truth (no sugar coatings)....and I am sure my other Canadian friends here will agree with me.
Other than a full Doctor, opportunities are plenty and very well paying in the Healthcare field. You may have to take a short course or write a couple of exams to get required licensing. Here is a PDf link that might be useful to you. Best of Luck;

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=1024&bih=677&q=how+to+become+a+doctor+in+canada+with+abroad+qualifications&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=how+to+become+a+doctor+in+canada+with+abroad+qualifications&gs_rfai=&fp=9000686101e0b807

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
konda said:
hi bsrk,
its good to see ur postings
i am a pharmacist and finished masters in pharmacology and worked as an asst. proffesor in hyderabad.
can u help me in hunting jobs in canada in my field?
if u know any placements agency in pharmacy field please give those details
You will need to write a couple of exams here to get your Licensing before working as a Pharmacist. Here is a link for the placement agencies you are looking for:

http://careers.humber.ca/docs/health/LIST-AGENCIES.pdf

You have to be a landed immigrant to look for jobs in Pharmacy. No work permits are available to Foreigners in this field.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
Dear bsrk,do u have any knowledge about the jobs in pharmaceutical sales? although it does not look nice to ask that kind of specific questions which cant help others but plz answer if u have any knowledge

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
bsrk68 said:
Thanks Kit, that was valuable information to our readers as well. Good luck in your profession.
my pleasure bsrk, when did you land in canada? and are u in toronto? im in mississauga..

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
bsrk68 said:
I have a friend who specializes in Nursing Placements in Canada. Let me know if you require his assistance and I will connect you directly with him.

Best Wishes and safe landing.
Hi there, first thank you for helping aspiring migrants! nice job mate! anyway, i am a registered nurse here in New Zealand...i have applied and was granted eligibility to take the CRNE on June 1, 2011...my application for FSW is in process. I am just wondering if your friend that you have mentioned can help me find placements there, as you know, i want to have a job as soon as possible...thanks mate and i hope you can help...keep it up! that's good karma. :)