+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am new to this

prinston

Feb 18, 2011
8) Hi guys I just found this site today. I am thinking to move to Canada. I took the self test, my score was 67. I got my degree in Bachelor of Business Administration from the United States. I was deported from United States back in 2007. Due to not having the right papers to stay in the country. My question is, if I apply for skill worker in Canada, would that hurt my application? Do to being deported from the United States, I have worked experience from the United States, over 3 years in management and over 3 years in customer care. Anyone has similar case. I am from Guatemala trying to get out of this country and start a better life in Canada. Thanks guys.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi. Deportation has to be reported on your immigration application, but what impact that would have overall, I cannot say. First and foremost, you will have to look at the different ways to immigrate to Canada on the offical CIC website. There is a Federal Skilled Worker category that includes 29 occupations in need (NOC 29). I do not know which category your job duties would fall into, but believe your category may already have reached the max 1,000 applications. July 1, 2011 will be the start of the new "year" and it is anyone's guess which occupations will be on the new list. Familiarize yourself with the requirements of FSW and the other methods (getting a job offer, Provincial Nomination, etc). There is an active thread "Applicants after 26/6" that you should read as well. It sounds as if there are more changes coming to the programme as far as the point system, but you have to start somewhere. You will have to undertake an English exam called IELTS (General), which is valid for 2 years. Do what you can to get your English top notch in all areas. Good Luck with your decisions.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Pippin said:
Hi. Deportation has to be reported on your immigration application, but what impact that would have overall, I cannot say. First and foremost, you will have to look at the different ways to immigrate to Canada on the offical CIC website. There is a Federal Skilled Worker category that includes 29 occupations in need (NOC 29). I do not know which category your job duties would fall into, but believe your category may already have reached the max 2,000 applications. July 1, 2011 will be the start of the new "year" and it is anyone's guess which occupations will be on the new list. Familiarize yourself with the requirements of FSW and the other methods (getting a job offer, Provincial Nomination, etc). There is an active thread "Applicants after 26/6" that you should read as well. It sounds as if ther are more changes coming to the programme as far as the point system, but you have to start somewhere. You will have to undertake an English exam called IELTS (General), which is valid for 2 years. Do what you can to get your English top notch in all areas. Good Luck with your decisions.
Pippin, good advise. I second it.
+1 for you (sorry dear ,I still have to wait for 168 hours to over)

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Well done Pippen, you passed by one :D

+1 for you mate. Good job

Pippin said:
Hi. Deportation has to be reported on your immigration application, but what impact that would have overall, I cannot say. First and foremost, you will have to look at the different ways to immigrate to Canada on the offical CIC website. There is a Federal Skilled Worker category that includes 29 occupations in need (NOC 29). I do not know which category your job duties would fall into, but believe your category may already have reached the max 1,000 applications. July 1, 2011 will be the start of the new "year" and it is anyone's guess which occupations will be on the new list. Familiarize yourself with the requirements of FSW and the other methods (getting a job offer, Provincial Nomination, etc). There is an active thread "Applicants after 26/6" that you should read as well. It sounds as if there are more changes coming to the programme as far as the point system, but you have to start somewhere. You will have to undertake an English exam called IELTS (General), which is valid for 2 years. Do what you can to get your English top notch in all areas. Good Luck with your decisions.