+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am landing this Friday..:)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Hey guys,

just popping in to say hey! trying to get some things situated :D. Rorita, I might ask if I can message you off list, have some questions regarding settling here etc.. [if that is ok, I will PM you]. I came from US, and want perspective of someone who came here from overseas [thanks in advance].

Marlena, hey how are you doing? Are you up for a coffee at the end of the week [or lunch] or possibly next week??

talk soon

rasha

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hi Rasha,

How are you????
I love to go for a coffee or lunch this weekend. Let me know where and when we can meet..I'm available this weekend...

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
I also am planning to go to Lebanon in September! I have to see my husband, he still hasn't seen his son yet, so sad. I hate the whole immigration process. They take so long for no reason!!! And they have no heart to whats going on in people's lives. If they did, we all would have been happier during this whole process.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Marlena,

Excellent - me too [am free] will contact off list.

Paradise - I know habibti :( so sad, wellahy. I commend you and others who have braved through pregnancy and kids alone without your hubbies. Inshallah it will be done soon.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Paradise if you don't mind asking when are you flying???It would be nice if it happen that happen in the same day!!!
Hope good news coming to your way. I have to admit I thought it was easy at first to go through this process but by the time is completed it takes all your energy away especially when we have kids to raise.
OK Rasha you have my number and if I don't answer please leave me a message. Thanks!!!

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Marlena I am thinking to go mid September, a little bit before ramadan ends. I had a two way ticket its dated Sept 3..I have to change it before. Most likey I am traveling through Windsor-Toronto-Paris-Beirut With Air Canada and Middle East Airlines. I'll keep you posted.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Rasha, off course, ask me whatever you need in PM, sharing experience can be good for both of us...
Marlena, I can see that driving here is easy, but too many rules and you have to be extra extra alert in order to be able to read all sign in the right time, if it was up to me, I won't drive...but I have too, but for sure it might take me a looooong time to drive alone, even if I got the full G...:))) by the way do you happen to have the lebanese embassy in ottawa number, i just received myt driving license from lebanon, and I want to send it there to translate it.
ParadiseCrystals , I really feel your pain, and with a baby, ..God I hope you will be done soon, and all this will be forgotten as soon as you pick up your husband from the airport. I guess the huge number of tourist in lebanon, (they told me that there is about 1.5 million...) is because lebanon still H1N1 free, has beautiful weather, lot of touristic places, and over all it is cheaper than other place, the arab people like lebanon very much, ther is lot and lot of them who has his own house there.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
this is the embassy contact info:
640 Lyon St.,
Ottawa, ON K1S 3Z5
Tel 613 2365825
Fax 613 2321609

and lebanon has H1N1 one dead already from it

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boujasim where did heard such a news. I went to Naharnet and didn't read anything about it....
How did you find Ottawa so far... Did u miss Lebanon????
Rorita don't worry about driving. You will laugh at yourself later. Give yourself some time to get use to the signs.I'll say about 10 years lol!!! just kidding.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you boujasim, I made google yesterday and find the site...even there they want 20 $ for translation, and we are the ra3aya...hahahah.
about H1N1 in lebanon, as far as I have heard, all the cases are coming from outside lebanon, there is no cases that are spreading in Lebanon, only the one coming from outside, but what I don't understand is: why these cases manage to pass the infra red in other airport, ad they were catch in lebanon...???
Marlena, what I will do is I will study these 2 weeks, than go and do the G1 written test, and God be with me...:)))

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hey
marlena: i love ottawa, my plan was to move to montreal or toronto, but i decided to stay here, its really nice,safe,beautiful and the city is highly industrilized, its like a hightech villige!
about the H1N1, well a man suffering from blood cancer had it and died from it, probably coz he already have weak immunity
and rorita, in all countries the disease came from outside,except mexico coz they are the source country!and about passing the scanners,well i guess coz the lebanese dont know how to use it:p

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
boujasim, you made me laught...:)) what I meant is how come the Lebanese scanner is the one catching these cases and not the other, and yes if a person has other problem in his health and imune system, if he got the H1N1, he is in a very dangerous time.
What are you doing in your days, about me, after the G1, I will go and take english courses in the YMCA, it is far from my house by 1 building, it is the LINC program, and I will see what they have other than english