+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Diabetic would i be rejected my PR in Canada?

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Salaam Faisal,

Could you tell me are you Type 2 Diabetic as I am also. But I was scared to mention this in my medical report as I was not sure if it would effect my application.

I am type 2 not for nearly 2 years and on Metformin tablets only. It is in control and I have my annual check coming up soon.

What do the medical surgery require from you at the time of examination?

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Please do reply. Thanks

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
I am also Type 2 diabetic and when I applied for immigration I have been diabetic for more than 7 years. I also use metformin 500 mg one table tin morning and one in evening. You should not hide this because they will ultimately find it out. In addition to routine tests they will take blood samples for HbA1c and serum creatinine. In your circumstances you are good to apply but keep your sugar level in control.

Faisal

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Thank you for the confirmation. Which medical clinic was your assessment with please?

As you are on one metformin tablet day and night this is great, I have been put on 2 (day and night) from the the very start, hope to get this number lowered like you.

I was just scared about them failing me. Does being diabetic have any effect on your medical insurance when you go to Canada or does it not allow for you to be given free health care in Canada after 3 months?

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Ramesh85 said:
I am applying for PR in Federal Skilled Worker Program which is supposed to open on Jan 1st. I am recently diagnosed of diabetes and it is in control. I am using a single pill which would keep my blood sugars below normal just like any other individual. If i hide this fact and apply for PR would this be a problem? would they come to know during my medical? If i am letting them know while applying would that impact my PR application and get rejected as i read some medical conditions can reject my application..

Is there anyone over here who applied for PR with Diabetes and was approved or some one who hid the fact and still got approved? I was even told by doctor that i can stop medication gradually in few months as i have my sugar levels in control. btw i am just 26yrs old.
I am Diabetic and have a very good knowledge over this subject . I moved couple of years ago. Is there a chance of rejection - yes & No. There are some cases of rejection wich know of a elderly parents who had severe Diabetics and poetential a organ translate coming up . So in short if the Officer feels that you might be a burdern to the the canadian health care system then he/she might ask you to do more test before making a decesion.

If you are teaking just 1 or 2 pill to control your diabetics then I am very sure you are not in the state where you need a organ trasnlate..touch wood hope never . So dont worry about it and yes you should declare that you have diabetics. good luck

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Thanks Andre Gail. Could you please tell me how I can personally message you to discuss my matter further?

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
nikosyozzer said:
Thanks Andre Gail. Could you please tell me how I can personally message you to discuss my matter further?
You can click my profile name and in the new window there would be an option to send message to me .

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
nikosyozzer said:
Thank you for the confirmation. Which medical clinic was your assessment with please?

As you are on one metformin tablet day and night this is great, I have been put on 2 (day and night) from the the very start, hope to get this number lowered like you.

I was just scared about them failing me. Does being diabetic have any effect on your medical insurance when you go to Canada or does it not allow for you to be given free health care in Canada after 3 months?
IOM Islamabad, Pakistan was my medical assessment office. You seem to be in initial stages and this should not impact your immigration.

Faisal

Johann Pimenta

Jul 25, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
Completed CSQ interview on 03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-11-2015
Ramesh85 said:
I am applying for PR in Federal Skilled Worker Program which is supposed to open on Jan 1st. I am recently diagnosed of diabetes and it is in control. I am using a single pill which would keep my blood sugars below normal just like any other individual. If i hide this fact and apply for PR would this be a problem? would they come to know during my medical? If i am letting them know while applying would that impact my PR application and get rejected as i read some medical conditions can reject my application..

Is there anyone over here who applied for PR with Diabetes and was approved or some one who hid the fact and still got approved? I was even told by doctor that i can stop medication gradually in few months as i have my sugar levels in control. btw i am just 26yrs old.
Hi Ramesh, when you do your medicals they will be able to detect that you have Diabetes, but dont worry, it is not a criteria for rejection of PR. My brother is in Canada and he too had diabetes, but got his PR with no problem. Only if you have a serious communicable diseases, then it is a ground for rejection of PR.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nikosyozzer said:
Computer Geek - Could you please let me know how I can contact you in regards to some questions I have regarding the Medical Exam. I would very much appreciate if you could let me know of a contact? I cannot find a messaging option on here.
Messaging options on the forum only become available after you have posted 10 messages. Your message shows you are at 6 messages.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Ramesh85 said:

You made mention about taking a pill to controll your blood sugar level that gives me an idea that you are type II- NIDDM (non insulin dependent DM), it is not contagious or transferable so it will not endanger the public health, since you said you were just recently diagnosed with type2 NIDDM it means you don't have yet any apparent complications brought by NIDDM-type 2 like kidney failure, retinopathy etc. which sometimes the reason why the person cause excessive demand on health or social services.. ::) ::) ::)

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Correct, I have no issues with my diabetes and hopefully wont have as I am taking care of my diet and health.

So overall guys, you think that my medical should be passed without any issues and that I should let the medical examiner know of my Type2 Diabetes at the time of booking the medical??

Thanks for the responses guys. FYI - I am in the UK

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nikosyozzer said:
Correct, I have no issues with my diabetes and hopefully wont have as I am taking care of my diet and health.

So overall guys, you think that my medical should be passed without any issues and that I should let the medical examiner know of my Type2 Diabetes at the time of booking the medical??

Thanks for the responses guys. FYI - I am in the UK
Hi, it's obvious that the medical tests will be comprehensive enough to detect your diabetes so don't try to hide it. Declare your status and all will be well as your condition appears well under control. I wish you the best sir :)

Miss Mia

Mar 10, 2013
Hello everyone,what about if the applicant has a heart problem..would it will affect his pr application?thank u

wadz

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-08-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent together with application
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2014; spouse submitted further medical test 18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS DM 24-01-2015 DATE VISA ISSUED: 21.01.2015 VISA RECEIVED: 31.01.2015
LANDED..........
in God's perfect time
Miss Mia said:
Hello everyone,what about if the applicant has a heart problem..would it will affect his pr application?thank u
Hi Miss Mia, we are on the same boat... I am the principal applicant BUT my hubby has a heart problem. We are done with medical examination... I am praying miracles would happen.

Has anyone here knows someone who has the same condition that has VISA granted? We need some guidance. Thanks!