+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am confused!!

nafs_r

Feb 24, 2009
I am really confused about the category under which I should apply for a PR.

1) I am eligible for the category under H1 - but as per the new rule I need to be in US until the final decision is made..considering the scenario I don't know if I would be in US that long

2) The FSW option has something like computer managers- I have skill of level A i.e. I am a programmer analyst but not a manager..so I guess I am not eligible

3) the AINP- skilled work option requires an arranged employment..can anyone tell me how to get an arranged employment offer before applying ?

4) my uncle is a canadian citizen..can I go for the family stream?? but it takes time..

5) I have valid gmat score which will enable me to apply to the canadian univ for mba..even if i get a PR i would like to enroll in a mba after landing there..so does it make sense to go to canada in a student visa, finish the course,get a job offer,then apply for a PR..it will take few years ..:-(

If anyone can throw some light..it would be really great..I want to decide on something in a month ..
I

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
1) There is no application fee under AINP-H1B, so why don't you apply anyway. This would be the fastest way in my opinion.

2) If your job duties do not match the description under the NOC, I wouldn't wast my time.

3) You could do this but in my opinion it will not be easy to find an employer who will offer you a job now giving the current economic situation.

4) The process is long but why not give it a try. If nothing else works, this should work in the long run.

5) You could do that too.

If I were you, I would pursue more than one option. Remember you can have more than one application in different categories under CIC.

Good luck,

V

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. This is only my opinion.

nafs_r

Feb 24, 2009
Thx for the reply. I need one clarification-

do you mean I can simultaneously apply for AINP skilled worker, AINP family stream and also apply for student visa for 2010 class?
My job title doesn't say a manager however I have managed small teams. So don't know will that count towards the level 0 category of federal skilled worker.

Yeah..I am too hoping not much about the AINP skilled worker as i think it will not be possible to get a job from outside canada.

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
I do not know if you can have more than one application under AINP, you need to check with them. But as far as CIC, you can have multiple applications (i.e. FSW, PNP, etc.)

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You can,Each Province has its own Immigration law so does the Quebec which controls its own Immigration as a Nation within a United Canada,So does the Federal Goverment

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,

What is this family stream option. I am just curious. I too have an uncle with PR in Canada. Is there any option of getting PR using this.

please advice.

thanks