+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am confused about my age factor

mann27

May 4, 2012
I have completed my 10+2 in 2011 and my age is 22. I started my studies last in childhood and even there was gap of 1 year in my studies during 5th-6th class because I was badly sick during that time, but no gap from 10th to 12th. I have completed my 12th wid non-medical subjects and with 68% marks and my IELTS score is 6.5 and 6 in each module. I want to apply for Saskatchewan because my cousin brothers are studying in there. But I am again confused ??? Does my age will effect my student visa for Canada or not? and moreover i am bit healthy and little bit fat and because of my maturity i looks like 25-26? anyone help please ::)

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If u could demonstrate that reason to the visa officer in your SOP there shouldnt be a problem. U have 68%. these marks are good enough to get u the visa. All The Best. The age shouldnt be a problem as there is no hard and fast rule that one has to complete 12th by the age of 18 or 19. Go ahead and apply..

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
No, age is not a factor.
If you can give good reason as to why there are gaps & give supporting evidence where required, you can sure go ahead with the visa application.

Good luck!

mann27

May 4, 2012
proof??? about what?? I mean, I started my studies bit late as compare to others, mostly students starts there studies in the age of 3-4 but i started it in 6

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
It might be a problem if VO thinks that u were not serious with ur studies and u are unable to explain the reason of the gaps with proper documentation..if u are able to do that its good for u otherwise there are very thin chances of u coming here

mann27

May 4, 2012
Hello Jeff Sir, My age is 22 years old and i had completed my studies in the age of 21, on the other hand my cousin was of the same age when he went to Canada on student visa after 10+2, I have gap of one year in 5th class but I have to show my documents from 10th to 12th class which was regular without any gap? and if i started my studies in the age of 6 years than how can visa officer says to me that it was your fault that in childhood you went school very late?? I was not that much smart to know when to go school when I was kid :p , but still I have good academic record and completed my studies from Delhi Board India.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
hmm i dnt think so, age factor dos'nt matter if u dnt have gaps , as u said there were no gap between 10th to 12th class dn der shld b no prob. on the other hand u r applying in saskthcwan so chances r gr8 for getting visa bcoz dey knew very well that u will settle der after completing ur studies and dey also want population in areas like dis , so bst of luck , u hve gud score in ielts as well, dnt wait jst apply asap

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
mann27 said:
Hello Jeff Sir, My age is 22 years old and i had completed my studies in the age of 21, on the other hand my cousin was of the same age when he went to Canada on student visa after 10+2, I have gap of one year in 5th class but I have to show my documents from 10th to 12th class which was regular without any gap? and if i started my studies in the age of 6 years than how can visa officer says to me that it was your fault that in childhood you went school very late?? I was not that much smart to know when to go school when I was kid :p , but still I have good academic record and completed my studies from Delhi Board India.
U can take ur chances bro..its always good to try something rather than accepting ur failure already..best of luck for ur visa..BTW whats delhi board??.I thought they used to call it CBSE when did they change their name...LOLS