+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a PR(PRIMARY APPLICANT) living in the US, GETTING A DIVORCE..PLEASE HELP

racikf

Nov 29, 2014
I am a Canadian PR, living in USA on an employment VISA-L1A and my wife and son is on L2-A.
now my wife and I are going through some differences , where I am looking to get a divorce.

will my wife and kid loose their PR status in Canada if I get a divorce?

AND what happens if I decide not to go back to canada ? can my wife and son return to canada and retain their PR status and eventually get the Canadian Citizenship? and I am the primary applicant.

and if I get a divorce in US, is it valid in Canada. and can both of us live seperately even if I decide to return back to Canada. while taking care of the child support and alimony.

please advise.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
racikf said:
I am a Canadian PR, living in USA on an employment VISA-L1A and my wife and son is on L2-A.
now my wife and I are going through some differences , where I am looking to get a divorce.

will my wife and kid loose their PR status in Canada if I get a divorce?

AND what happens if I decide not to go back to canada ? can my wife and son return to canada and retain their PR status and eventually get the Canadian Citizenship? and I am the primary applicant.

and if I get a divorce in US, is it valid in Canada. and can both of us live seperately even if I decide to return back to Canada. while taking care of the child support and alimony.

please advise.
No your wife and child will not loose PR in Canada if you divorce. They will only loose it if they fail to comply with RO and are reported and it is revoked.

If you decide not to return to Canada you will run the risk of loosing your PR for failure to comply with your RO. It has no bearing on your wife and/or child.

If you decide to return to Canada, she will either have to return to Canada or her home country as her visa status in the US is dependent upon your visa status, if I understand what you are saying correctly.