+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I AM 31, CONSULTANTS ARE TRYING TO SCARE ME

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi

I am 31 years old. Completed education the year 2001. Now I want to do one year post graduate certificate course in Canada. All the consultants I contacted are saying the chance of getting me a visa is low.

Is there anybody here who got visa who is like me?

Please answer.

gloire

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi!

Am not sharing the same profile with you but i just want to know what are those consultants telling you exactly? the problem is your age or something else?

After all if they are all giving you the same report, it means that your chance may really be low but the good thing is that even if they are low you still have some chance to get your visa.

So it's depend of your own convictions about all these and remember with God all things are possible.

May he Guide you on this matter.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Dont worry, age is never a factor here for visa if u are applying for a student visa. Also, there is no such thing as applying to Uni is easier to get a visa compared to college! Its all a myth and dont know where all the ignorant ppl get this idea!

OCEANDRIVE

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Never Called
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
abelkwh said:
Dont worry, age is never a factor here for visa if u are applying for a student visa. Also, there is no such thing as applying to Uni is easier to get a visa compared to college! Its all a myth and dont know where all the ignorant ppl get this idea!
this is true that university students get medical calls quickly however college students are waiting for ages....

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
dubaitotoronto,

Is it your age you're worried about or the fact that you completed your degree a long time ago?

I am even older than you - quite a bit older. I applied from the UK last year and got my Letter of Introduction. I didn't use it because I decided to apply for a different subject.

Use all your skills of rhetoric to concisely explain why the post graduate course will help you. There are legitimate reasons why people want to study when older (ie. improve chances of getting a better job, change career, feel they will be a better student now that they are older and more mature, etc). If you put forward a strong, well constructed and logical case, you should have a good chance.

Okay, maybe us older people have a slightly slimmer chances of getting in, but it's far from impossible.

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Thanks all for your encouraging commments.

Especially Gloire's WITH GOD ALL THIONGS ARE POSSIBLE.

Here is my profile summary

1. Passed Bsc Computer science with 65% marks in the year 2001.

5 years work experience in India ( one year as software test engineer, one year as computer science teacher and 3 years in a leading BPO)

4 years work experience in Dubai, UAE ( 2 years as administration executive (sales) and another 2 years as sales coordinator)

I am planning to apply in George Brown College Toronto for one year Strategic relationship marketing.

I am thinking to apply from India under SPP because the rejection rates are higher in UAE

What are your thoughts on my chance of getting Visa. Do you all have any suggestions.